chapter 23

Tere zajbaaton mein mehki si saason mein
Yeh jo mehek Sandali si hai
Dil ki panahon mein bekhri si aahon mein
Sone ki khwasish jagi si hai
Chehre se chehra chupao
Sene ki dhadkan sunao
Dekhlo khud ko tum
Annkhon mein meri
Annkhon mein meri
Annkhon mein meri
Annkhon mein

Labon ko Labon pe sajao

"I'm glad you found me."

My gaze found their conjoined hands and Inara's 'I'm glad you found me' ringing in my head.
I was happy when I saw my best friend's car outside but this.

No Ivaan you're idiot. Inara and Anubhav would never do that to me. But still I can't help but feel jealous because these past few weeks has been alot I couldn't face Inara knowing that the child in Shanaya's womb is indeed mine. The report proves it. I burn down my World with my own bare hand. I'm so fucking angry at myself. If i could, i definitely would erase that phase of my life. I would erase that trip. If I stayed at home, maybe we'll be more closer than we are now. If I would present here. I would not be jealous of my best friend.

"Inara?"

"Mr. Oberoi, you're early."

"Yeah, I just wanted to come to you."

Her face brighten as she smiles at me and i just melted.
I'm overthinking she wouldn't smile at me if something was their between these two.

"Anu.. Anubhav."

He averted his gaze. And it was better if he put the knife through my heart. I kiss Inara's forehead and left and just I trun around the corner I hear them.

"I'm going, Inara."

She holds his arm.

"You promised you'll stay for dinner."

"Some other day."

"No."

"Please, Inara. I also need time. I'll call you."

"Okay."

As he was about to leave she calls him.

"Anubhav?"

"Hmm?"

"Please, talk to him. He's going through something which he might not be ready to tell me. I'm trying to give him space but I'm worried, he lost his weight. He skip his meals, you're his best friend maybe he'll be able to talk to you. I miss him. He's with me, still he's not."