chapter 30

Kho gaya, gum ho gaya
Waqt se churaya tha jo
Apna banaya tha..
Ho tera, woh mera
Saath nibhaaya tha jo
Apna banaya tha..

Chadariya jheeni re jheeni
Aankhein bheeni ye bheeni ye bheeni
Yaadein jheeni re jheeni re jheeni

Chadariya jheeni re jheeniChadariya jheeni re jheeniAankhein bheeni ye bheeni ye bheeniYaadein jheeni re jheeni re jheeni

I left his office just wandering around with my hollow and broken heart. I don't know from how long I was just roaming around the city when I came across my father's office, he didn't do anything to hurt me just didn't love me enough. I would have called Anubhav Bhai but he's not in the country and i have no one, so I enter his office and go to the receptionist.

"Is Mr. Chauhan here?"

"What's your name ma'am?"

I stay silent.

"Ma'am, your name? I need to enter your name for an appointment."

"I don't have any."

"I'm sorry ma'am but i cannot allow you to meet him."

I didn't listen to her and continued to wander down searching for my father and came across his cabin and entered without knocking. He looked away from the two people sitting in front of him, and i couldn't control myself and a sob wracked my body and I slammed myself on my father's chest sobbing. He staggered back but regained his balance.

"Gentlemen, I request you leave, my daughter needs me. We can reschedule our meeting. Please.

Hearing him say those words after 23 years made me sob harder, and without saying anything he pulled me closer to his chest one hand on the back of my head and the other on my back.

"Inara?"

"Please, i know you hate me, i know you don't want me but please I need someone. Please, papa. I have no one Please please please please."

He took a deep breath and hugged me tightly.

"I don't hate you princess. I'm proud of you, I'm proud to be your father. I know I haven't told you and i pretend you don't mean a thing to me but you're my daughter, my princess. I know how my family treats you and i cannot be with you 24/7 to protect you from them and if they knew that I loved you, that i cared for you they would have eaten you alive. So I need to pretend that you are nothing to me. You're everything to me, little one."

I detangle myself from him.

"You mean that?"

"I mean everything, princess, and i know everything you've gone through and everything you've accomplished. I couldn't show you in front of them how much I love you but I did show you, you just couldn't recognise."

"What are you trying to say?"

"Those little blue orchids you love so much."

"You were the one who put those orchids on my nightstand every morning."

"Those new items you accidentally found in your closet."

"You were the one who comes to my room every night?"

"Just to wish you a good night and to give you a good night kissy you always wanted."

"You love me?"

"I do, princess, and i loved your mother till the day she abandoned you on my doorstep on a rainy night. She was my first and last love. I was in an arranged marriage with my wife. She was only interested in my money and the fame that came with being a Chauhan daughter in law, I know you haven't killed my son. I was the one who convinced mom to drop that, and I was the one who punished that man brutally."

"You knew?"

"I'm sorry I couldn't save you, princess."

"You killed him just because he hurt me?"

"No, i killed him because he stole the stars from your eyes every time you looked at me."

I cry harder and wrap my arms around my father's waist, feeling his love for the first time.

"What's wrong, Inara? Why were you looking so broken when you came to me?"

"He cheated. He cheated on me, papa. I loved him, gave him everything I could, everything I had but i wasn't enough. I'm never enough for someone to stay."

"That's not true. You're more than anyone could ask for."

I cry on his chest for what seems like hours and the world around me spins. Someone's calling my name in the distance but I couldn't open my eyes, they're heavy and the darkness consumed me and took me in their Abyss.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Someone's calling my name in the distance but my eyes are so heavy I couldn't open them, but that voice is familiar.

"Papa?"

"Princess, I'm here. Tell me what you need."

"Water."

He helps me sit up and make me drink water. Fuck, I'm so tired. When I saw my surroundings I recognised it as my apartment.

"How do you know about this?"

"I know everything about you, princess."

"What happened?"

"You fainted. I didn't know what to do, I couldn't take you to either of the houses so I bought you here."

"Thank you."

"Why did you faint? It's good that I was there. What would have happened if you were outside or alone or-"

"Papa, I'm okay. Don't worry."

"Do you need something?"

"No, go home, papa. I'm okay."

"But you're unwell. I cannot leave you alone like this."

"I can manage, papa. I was managing before."

"I'm sorry I couldn't fight for you. I couldn't love you like you deserve to be loved."

I smile, happy that this man i thought hated me was constantly protecting me from his own family. This man who killed for me.

"Book a doctor's appointment, princess. I'll come with you."

"You know I have a brother too. Anubhav. He's Ivaan's best friend. He's my half brother, And he loves me."

"I'm glad."

"Inara, why do you think he cheated?"

Thinking about that brought tears to my eyes and I told my father everything that has happened today.

"Give him a chance to explain, princess. Don't believe everything you see. Maybe you misunderstood, talk to him and I'll be with you in whatever decision you take. I'll support you."

"You promise?"

"Promise"

"Thank you, papa."

"You know I was desperately waiting for you to call me papa. I hated every time you called me Mr. Chauhan."

I smile on his sullen expression, he looks adorable.

"Papa, I love you. I always loved you, I'm sorry I thought you hated me and that thing made me despise you."

"You've had a very valid reason to hate me. I love you too."

I hugged him closer to me.
Happy that my father loves me and heartbroken that the man I love lies to me.

"Will you talk to him?"

"I will."

"Come on let me drop you off at the Oberoi mansion."

"Okay."