The competition between the Princes of Hastinapur.

2 years later......

Hastinapur

There was an atmosphere of happiness everywhere in Hastinapur and the reason for this happiness was the princes of Hastinapur, who were returning from their Gurukul today. All the residents gathered in the palace. A competition was organized in the palace as per the order of Kuru Emperor Dhritarashtra. Everyone seemed very excited. The arena was full with the people of the kingdom having come to witness and cheer for their princes. Queen Gandhari and Rajmata Kunti were eagerly waiting for the arrival of their sons. Maharaj Dhritarashtra, Mahamahim Bhishma, Minister Vidura and all the people in the palace were also very happy except one person and that was Gandhar Naresh Shakuni. A devilish grin was on his face. Herald came forward and loudly announced the arrival of Guru Dronacharya and his son Ashwatthama. Guru Dronacharya entered with his son. Both greeted everyone with folded hands.

Dronacharya:- yaha upastit aap sabhi logo ko humara pranaam.
( Our greetings to all the people present here. )
Hearing this, all the people also bowed to him with folded hands.

Dronacharya :- jaise ki aap sabhi ko gyaat hoga ki hum sabhi yaha kyun ikkatrit hue hai. Maharaj Dhritrashtra ne yeh sparda aayojit Karaya hai hastinapur ke Rajkumaro ke liye tak ve sabhi aap sabhi ke samaksh apne kala aur samarthya ka pradarshan kar sake. Kitnu isse pehle maharaj Dhritrashtra yeh sparda aarambh karne karne ki anumati de maine iss sparda ke kuch niyam nirdharit kiye hai jise rajkumaro ko maanana hoga. Main uss niyamo ko sabhi ke samaksh sparsht kar Dena chahata ho. Iss sparda ka pratam niyam hai ki Suryast ke paschat sparda ko rokh Diya jayega. Sparda ka dusra niyam yeh hai ki sabhi rajkumar iss sparda ko ek sparda samj kar he apne shashtra aur Bal ka prayog uske niyamanusara he karenge. Yadhi kisine bhi shastra vidya ke niyamoke virudh jakar dusre vyakti ko kshati pahuchane ke prayatna kiya tho usse iss sparda se nishkasit kiya jayega. Ab main Maharaj se iss sparda ko aarambh karne ki vinti karta hoon.
( As you all know why we all have gathered here. King Dhritarashtra has organized this competition for the princes of Hastinapur so that all of them can demonstrate their abilities in front of all of you. Before king Dhritrashtra gives his permission to start the competition I have set some rules of this competition which the princes have to follow. I want to make that rule clear to infront of everyone. The first rule of this competition is that after sunset this competition will be stopped. The second rule of the competition is that all the princes will use their weapons and force only considering this competition as a competition according to its rules. If anyone tries to harm another person by going against the rules of weaponry, then he will be expelled from this competition. Now I request king to start this competition. )
Hearing thi Dhritrashtra nodded his head giving is consent. Guru Dronacharya turned towards a man who was holding a conch in a plate. He took that conch and blew it denoting the start of the competition. Everyone's eyes were fixed on the door of the arena. There was an excitement in everyone's eyes and smile on their face except for one. There was someone in the crowd of so many people who was watching all this without emotion. Ashwatthama was standing beside his father with his bow and arrow. There was a big wheel in front of him. The wheel carrying the names of the princes. Guru Dronacharya came forward and with his hand he rotated the wheel. When the wheel started rotating. Dronacharya indicated Ashwatthama. Ashwatthama noded his head and then he slyly looked at Shakuni who smirked back at him. Nobody noticed these gestures between Ashwatthama and Shakuni But the person who was silently watching all this without emotion had noticed that gesture between the duo. That person understood what was going to happen now. Then that person's eyes went towards subhadra and three other people who were sitting beside her along with Maharani Gandhari, Rajmata Kunti and Dushala. When that person saw Subhadra and a girl and 2 boys sitting next to her, for a moment, happiness appeared in that person's eyes. But the happiness quickly disappeared from that person's eyes and the face of the person became expressionless. Shakuni was rejoicing thinking how he planned to defeat the Pandavas and win over his nephew Duryodhana through Ashwatthama. Ashwatthama hit his first arrow. That arrow went and hitted Duryodhan's name and Duryodhan was summoned before everyone else.