Counting Stars

"I don't have clothes to be going to a fancy hotel Harry!" I whined as Harry told me he had booked a table at La Terrazza. A restaurant that happened to be inside The Belmont Hotel Spledido , one of the five top hotels in the world. Not exactly a place you could turn up to in shorts and sandals.

"Gemma said you would say that exact phrase" He chuckled, shaking his head. "There's a dress and shoes in the wardrobe. We leave in 45 minutes" He stated, leaving me little room to argue. Trust those two to get together and think of everything.

I threw myself back on the bed dramatically, letting out a big sigh. Don't get me wrong, I was grateful for this trip, it had been a perfect day, but I would have been happy with a small cafe for dinner. I didn't need all this luxury. I dare not think about how much the day had cost. Not to mention that Harry should have been hours away in a different part of Italy, and now because of me he was sticking around. Leaving behind no doubt an exasperated manager, several frustrated workers and a infuriated girlfriend.

I dragged myself up, curiosity of this outfit getting too much to ignore. I mean, someone says there's a surprise for you, how long are you waiting to look? Pulling open the wardrobe, I let out a small gasp. It was a floor length dress, layers of gold chiffon and silk, with lace overlay littered with stars tightly packed all over the bodice. They ran more spaciously along the skirt, further and further apart as the skirt billowed out. A pair of strappy gold heels to go with it. It was stunning. This hotel was clearly far more luxurious than I had even garnered through my limited googling.

Looking into the mirror 40 minutes later, I felt like a full imposter. I barely recognised myself. A lot of it was the outfit, but I felt a million pounds. I don't think I had ever felt so beautiful. A smile was plastered on my face as I attempted to slip on the bracelet Harry had gifted me earlier. As I was struggling, he knocked once on the door and let himself in.

"Let me" He said softly, moving over to me and clasping the bracelet together. "You look breathtaking" He grinned, standing back to admire the full picture.

"Right back at you" I laughed, looking him up and down. He was dressed in a black suit, white shirt with the collar undone. Well, I say undone, what I should say is the collar crooked and a mess. I reached across and fixed it quickly.

"There, perfect" I declared

"Shall we then?" He offered me his arm, which I took and linked mine through it.

As we pulled up to the hotel, I could see why it was ranked so high. There were lines and lines of Ferraris, Lamborghinis and Bentleys parked outside. Doorman with top hats and tails waiting to open the doors. Elegant people walking around.

'Harry, this is too much" I whispered as he opened the car door and helped me out.

"Shush" He said quietly, handing over his car keys to the valet.