Old Friends

29th April, London

Last night was the so called planned 'girls night' and there was so much to unpack.
I had opted for the same outfit I wore out in LA. I wasn't going to get much use out of it so I figured why not. It was a little dressy sure, but the other girls would be equally as fancy. I did have to change out the shoes. High stilettos were not ideal for trips on the tube!
We were meeting at Opium. Kinda hokey and right in the middle of tourist central! Not the kind of place we would usually go, but when people were visiting, Taylor always catered to what they would like.
I was last to arrive. A drama with a sneeze attack and running mascara. Always happens at the most inopportune times. Equally, getting on the northern line on a Friday night was a nightmare.

"Hey girls!" I exclaimed as I found the table. I hugged all 5 of them in turn before taking my seat. It was so good to see them. It had been far too long since we were all together.
"Gifts? Was I supposed to bring gifts?" I asked confused, my hand gesturing to the 5 little white gift bags sitting on the table.

"Nope, just me" Taylor replied, a mischievous grin on her face.

"She's made us wait until you were here to open them. It's been torture" Ally laughed, her dark blonde ponytail swinging as she did.

I grabbed on to the drink someone had ordered for me, taking a little sip. It was fruity and orange. The taste on my tongue took me right back to Brazil. Right back to Harry's hands. Right back to that sweaty club that changed my future. I tried to quickly shake the thoughts before my mind wandered too much to Harry and what he was up to. I wanted to really be in the moment and enjoy being around my girls.
"Very mysterious" I grinned, an eyebrow raised.

"Ok, go ahead. You can open them now" She smiled, clapping her hands together. She was buzzing with excitement. She was always one for surprising us with little gifts. Almost weekly she had picked something up she thought I would like or crafted something for me. So thoughtful.

Each of us pulled out a little rectangle box. Clearly some kind of jewellery inside. I opened the box and gasped. In fact there was gasps coming from all around the table.
There was a little thin gold chain inside hanging from it was a delicate flower. My birth flower and I assumed each girls birth flower. That wasn't the special part though. Stuck to the inside lid of the box was a little card, white with pink flowers on it and the words 'will you be my maid of honor?' written in mine.
Tears were instantly in my eyes.

"Ricky finally proposed?" Gina, Taylor's childhood friend asked, her Scottish accent getting even thicker as she got excited.

Taylor hummed in agreement and pulled up her left hand to show us. The tears dropped down my face then. I couldn't believe it. Well I could, they were perfect for each other. I couldn't imagine a couple more in love. I just wasn't expecting this tonight. All 5 of us girls swaddled Taylor up into a hug, wishing congratulations and telling her how happy we were for her.

"To Ricky and Taylor.." Meg started, lifting her glass in the air.

"To Ricky and Taylor" we all parroted, clinking our glasses together.

We spent the next couple of hours drinking cocktails, making Taylor recount the proposal over and over and speaking through what we could go for the hen do. The fact we were all going to be bridesmaids, it was perfect. It meant we would get to spend much more time together.
We caught up a little on each others lives.

"Again, I was so sad to hear about you and Charlie, Ads" Carly said at one point, leaning across to grab my hand and squeeze it lightly.
Obviously I had spoken to all the girls plenty of time since the break up but this is the first time I had seen Ally and Carly since.