Chapter 9

Isabel
"So how does it feel to be back in New York? I thought after you moved that you'd be gone forever". I ask as i eat one of my fries.

"I feels so good to be back, i've been back for a few months. I just had to get everything back in order before i moved back here. The truth is i missed New York and i never wanted to leave here. Never wanted to leave you". Tension fills the air. The same tension we always had before he moved away.

We always had a pull towards each other.

But he left and i had to move on. We both had to move on, even if we didn't want to.

Yes we were just about 13 & 14, but feelings are feelings, no matter the age. Even if we didn't quite understand the feelings yet, they were still there.

"I didn't want you to leave ether. But you did, and i was all alone again, expect Dakota of course". He gives a slight chuckle.

"Speaking of, how is she? Are y'all still attached by the hip". I laugh.

"Of course we are, we're gonna be together forever. And she's married, oh and she's about to have a baby".

His face looks a bit shocked.

"Dakota? Married? Who woulda thought". He jokes.

Atlas and Dakotas friendship was like brother and sister. They would always tease each other, and joke around. Can't wait to tell her he's back, she'll be happy.

"Yea, she's doing great and i couldn't be more proud of her". Proud best friend moment.

"That's really good to hear and i can't wait to see her. But for now, i'm glad i got to see you. You know even after we fell out i never stopped thinking about you".

He paused as he looks me straight in the eyes.

Ugh, those eyes.

Anyways.

"Never stopped thinking about her aye". I look up and see Carter standing there. I was so focused on Atlas that i didn't even see him walk up.

Dang it.

This isn't gonna be good.

"Carter what are you doing here". Is the first thing i say, because i'm so confused. He didn't even wanna come here, and all of a sudden he pops up.

Great.

"Who the hell are you". Atlas says and my eyes yes pop out. He clearly doesn't know who Carter is.

I mean why would he? We haven't talked in years and he doesn't know who i have in my life now.

And i know Atlas, he doesn't care who it is. How big you are. He will say whatever he feels necessary and he isn't scared.

Carter just chuckles, and that is not good.

I can see him fuming as he clenches his hands into fists.

"Watch your fucking tone there bud. Isabel is my fiancé, so to return your question. Who the fuck are you". Shit, this ain't good.

"This is Atlas, he's my old friend". I answer Carters question to try to ease the tension between Carter and Atlas.

I don't need them to be fighting. It's pointless.

"Just an old friend huh". Carter says that with such a sarcastic tone. Here we go.

"Really Carter". I say with just as much sass as he gave me. The sass epidemic with men is outrageous.

Suddenly, Atlas gets up.