Chapter 18

Carter
As soon as she slammed that door, nothing but anger fled my veins. I threw the lamp on the ground, cursing my head off.

I could not believe her.

She talks all this shit about us communicating better, but she's the very person that lies to me. The very person who goes back on her word.

Then she goes out with that fucking Atlas, after i specifically told her that im uncomfortable with it. She says that they are just friends, but i call bullshit.

Isabel may be naive but i'm not.

I know that Atlas still loves her, and wants to be with her. And i think deep down somewhere, Isabel knows it too. She just doesn't wanna admit. Doesn't wanna admit that maybe being with him might be better for her.

I mean it would be less drama for her.

Makes my skin crawl, knowing that Isabel might very well wanna be with Atlas, no matter how hard she tries to deny it.

And at this very moment, i don't know what to do.

Am i ready gonna sit here and let her go out with that fucker? But if i do go stop her, it won't help. I'd be making things way worse than they already are.

Maybe we aren't ready to get married. Maybe we should take a break. Because i'm just as tired of this as Isabel is. She thinks i wanna be going through this rough patch with her. When in reality, i fucking hate it.

Gives me a fucking headache.

Isabel
After i get myself back together i arrive at Monkey Joes, where i see Atlas waiting at the front door for me.

He's such a gentleman.

"Thought you were gonna flake on me, your late". He says with a hint of annoyance. He always did hate when i was never on time.

Carter and i's little argument made me late, so technically wasn't my fault.

"Sorry, my daughter was being a bit fussy". I lie, but i rather not tell him why i was really late. It wouldn't be appropriate.

"Right". He doesn't believe me, but hey oh well.

Can't win em all.

"So let's go have some fun". I quickly change the subject, trying to avoid this conversation.

And we did just that.

We rode the bumper cars, played in the ball pit like kids, and Atlas even won me a cute little stuffed monkey from the arcade machine.

We really did have the best time, and i really needed that. I've been in such a funk lately and it was nice to have some genuine fun, with a genuine person.

After we got done playing like little kids, we sat done in the cafe area to get a bite to eat and drink. I was happy for that because all of the fun had me starved.

"So, you gonna tell me the real reason you were late tonight". Atlas says as he takes a sip of his drink.

"Do you know everything". He always knows when i'm lying. If yall haven't noticed, i'm a very bad liar.

"Yes, now spill". He puts his drink down and focuses all his attention to me. Lord help me.

"It was Carter. He was mad that i was going out with you, and we had a little bit an argument. It really is not big deal". Flashbacks of the argument fled my head. Might have been an argument but lord it was a pleasurable one.

Anyways.

"That's very childish behavior, you're an adult Izzy. You can hang with whoever you want, and if he can't accept that then he's not right for you". I appreciate that from Atlas.