III

Y/N's Pov
—————————————————————

When I said I would help Nimona get the job they're "applying" for, I regret what I said entirely. Now I'm standing face to face with some random hobo guy with a cool arm.

"You're- what- ugh, you're the girl I ran into on the street, is my face, really, that forgettable?" He questioned, slouching over, his confidence deflating, dropping the glass bottle in his hand.

"Yeah, very." I said with a with nod, flicking him in the head, he recoiled and straightened his posture. I just walked over beside Nimona who was gushing over a wall full of pictures.

"Dang it- never mind, who are you and what are you doing here." The hobo said, pointing directly at my nose, I pushed his hand away.

"Lesson one, don't touch me." I said glaring slightly at him before shifting back to my normal attitude. "Lesson two, it's more polite to introduce yourself, first." I said with a smirk, he sputter for a second before answering.

"Noted, strangely rude child. I'm-" He started to say but was cut off by Nimona pulling him down to their height to wrap their arm around his neck.

"My, new boss." Nimona said with a grin, pointing to themselves with one of their thumbs.

"Hey! I never agree-" Hobo guy started to say as he took Nimona's arm off his shoulder, but was interrupted, this time, by me.

"Nimona, dear, it's rude to interrupt." I said, smirking mentally, knowing very well I was being a large hypocrite.

"But you just-" He started to say, but I was tired of his inability to speak straight sentences, so I spoke for him.

"I'm Y/N, pleasure to meet your acquaintance." I said sarcastically, holding out my hand for him to shake, only for him to ignore.

"Okay, nice to meet you too, but it's not exactly the time for introductions because, I, have an entire kingdom, after my head!" He yelled, clearly annoyed, pointing a his head with finger guns, exaggerating the fact that he was wanted dead.

"Drama queen much," I muttered with a tsk. "But isn't that the whole point of being a villain?"

"No! I am not a villain!" He said, putting his hands in front of his face, clenching his fists in what I could assume was anger.

"Oh." Nimona said, disappointment lacing their voice as they sat down in a chair beside them, pushing themselves away slightly from their hobo boss.

"Wait, are you disappointed, I'm not a villain?" He said, looking at Nimona in confusion, I just stood beside the chair they were in, leaning against the wall, bored.

"I mean, a little." They said, limping down in the chair.

"You know what, we're done here." Hobo said, walking away from the both of us.

"Why?.." Nimona said, spinning in the chair so they could face their so called boss.

"Because the real villain is still out there, and I do need help." He said not looking back as he was still walking away, towards the door.

Nimona popped up from the seat they were in, about to say something, probably about them being his help or whatever, but was cut off before they could say anything.

"Not from you, or from her either." He said pointing to us both while gripping the door handle.

"I wasn't planning on it, also, are we done here yet?" I said, picking at my nails, only to be ignored by Nimona and glared at by the hobo, which I now realize was Ballister Blackheart from all the wanted posters on the picture wall.

"-Aw, fine! Then from who?" Nimona spat grumpily, laying back down in the chair, I patted their head comfortingly, before going back to ignoring the whole conversation.

"The guy who cut off your arm?" They grumbled, staring down at the knife stuck in the table before looking back up to Ballister, frozen in his spot. "Seriously?!"

"It's complicated, okay?" He growled back, totally done with the both of us, which I was proud of, but that wasn't what we were trying to achieve, this time.

"Have fun getting arrested." Nimona said, picking up the knife they had been staring at, beginning to file their nails with it.

"I am not going to get arrested!" Ballister said, opening the door and slamming it behind him.

"How much you wanna bet he get's caught the first three minutes?" Nimona said, turning their chair to me with a smirk.

"I'd say five minutes, and I'm betting twenty at most."(I don't know the currency they use💀) I said, looking up from my hand to Nimona's smirking face, I'd ignore the light blush that spread to my ears as they did.

—————————————————————

It had been about four minutes when the computer beside the two of us pinged, an announcement most likely.

"I got it," I said approaching the computer screen, tapping the notification, I read it slowly with a sigh. "And he got arrested."

"Oh come on! I knew I should've said four minutes." Nimona said, playfully punching me in the shoulder, before propping their head up on their palms staring at the screen.

"Whatever, at least I don't have to loose more money." I'd say, rolling my eyes with a small smile. The last few times we've made bets, I lost, every. single. one.

"Alright, c'mon slowpoke. We've gotta prison break!" They yelled, getting up from their spot and running to the door, holding up their hands and throwing up peace signs.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm coming." I said closing the door behind me.

—————————————————————

938 Words
Stay safe and stay hydrated!