XVII

Ambrosius' POV
————————————————

I watched as passing vehicles whipped by the window, a sigh escaping my lips. I furrowed my brows as I turned back to the other person in the car, the Director, the one behind all of this.

"Is something on your mind, Ambrosius?" She spoke calmly, her tone almost robotic. "You can talk to me." She said as a small comforting smile made it's way onto her face.

I shook my head slowly, looking up to meet her eyes. "My mind?" I spat before continuing, not waiting for an answer. "I've lost my mind, I've lost everything- the man I love, my best friend. Although apparently now he's got a bunch of new best friends. What's that about?" I ranted, before my mind led elsewhere.

"What is he hiding? What else are you hiding? Why'd you do it? And what I am supposed to do about it? A direct decedent of Gloreth? I never asked for that!" I said, throwing up my hands, before resting them on my sword.

"Now everyone expects me to arrest Ballister, even when I know he's innocent. And if I don't, I'm a traitor to the institution. And if I do, I'm a traitor to him. Oh, and on top of that! I chopped off his arm! His. Arm! Who chops off an arm? Because I was trained too?" I said, losing my cool the further I thought into it. The thought of Ballister's severed arm making it's way into my head.

"ARM CHOPPING IS NOT,A LOVE LANGUAGE! " I screamed, holding my head.

...

"I'm fine, Director." I said, containing my rapid, chaotic thoughts.

I slouched and looked down at my hands, flicking a stray hair away from my face. It felt as though I had a whale on my shoulders, it might've been the stress I've been putting up with as a knight, or the flashy golden armor I'm require to wear. But either way I felt, tired.

As I turned my head back to the window, I still felt the Director's gaze drilling holes into the side of my head, from the corner of my eye, I noticed her own eyes narrow as she stared at me.

I noticed the castle begin to grow closer to us as the car sped towards it, before coming to an abrupt stop. I hopped out of the vehicle and held my hand out for the Director to take, I may despise her but I'm still a gentleman.

"Stay strong, Ambrosius." She said, taking my offered hand and exiting the car. "The blood of Gloreth runs through your veins."

I nodded, holding back a scoff and turned towards the giant double doors to the Director's office.

A feeling of panic spread across my body as I noticed the one and only, Ballister, standing in front of said doors with a firm expression on his face.

"Director." He greeted, the name uncomfortably rolling off his tongue as though it poisoned him to say it.

"Knights!" She called, turning back to the troops behind us, only to find them placing unconscious, in a giant pile on the balcony floor.

I looked up from the bodies, only to meet eyes with a smirking pinkette and a pissed looking cloaked kid beside them.

"They were like this when I got here." The pinkette said, dusting off their hands and walking towards the both of us. The cloaked on remained still before suddenly being pulled along by the pinkette, who muttered something along the lines of, "-stop trying to act cool so we can crush stuff already-"

"You." The Director spat, venom lacing her tone as she glared at the pinkette.

"Me." They snapped back, crossing their arms and making a weird face as the Director.

I stayed stuck where I was, slowly getting over my current shock. I had to play along, so of course I pulled out my sword.

"No, put that back," The cloaked one said, before pulling down her cloak's hood, revealing a smug looking Y/N. "swords aren't nice way to greet boyfriends." She said cockily, before being immediacy shut up by both Ballister and I's glares.

"Ambrosius. We need to tell them, the Director!-" Ballister said, before being suddenly interrupted by a loud crash.

"Another desperate lie! He's just trying to get thrown back into a cell!" The Director quickly spoke up, stepping forward involve herself into the conversation.

"He's not a liar." The pinkette snapped, crossing their arms with a glare.

"And he's not trying to get thrown in the dungeon- wait are you?" Y/N added, before questioning herself.

"Ha! Says the miscreant, whisper in his ear." The Director retorted, ignoring Y/N's comment, instead giving them a harsh glance while scrunching her face up in disgust.

"Awe, thank you." The pinkette said, faking a flustered expression as they waved the Director off.

"I'm innocent, we have the proof!" Ballister said, ignoring all of our comments, holding up a phone.

It was suddenly knocked out of his hands by a nearby arrow, my eyes shot up towards the source to see Todd celebrating himself on his bike.

"Oh yeahh, Todd rules!" He yelled in the distance, I rolled my eyes and turned back to Ballister, who currently looked as though someone just killed his dog in front of him.

"Never mind, we know I'm not a murderer." He said, looking up frantically.

"Do we?"

A/N
————————————————

Idk what to write here, school's annoying.

Question: what's you're favorite type of chip?

925 Words
Stay safe and stay hydrated!