XIII

(For those who are confused, Y/N changed Ambrosius' mind about Ballister being a murder while he was trying to break her out)
Director's Pov
——————————————————

"We found him! We found him!" One of the security guards yelled, rising from her seat in excitement while putting the camera footage on screen. "Look!"

My interest peaked as I stepped closer to the giant screen, a clip of Ballister running up an escalator while flailing his arms with a saxophone in his hands. She paused the clip and spun her chair around to face the knights and I.

"Alright, let's go get this gutter punk." Todd said while cracking him knuckles, signaling for a group of knights to follow him.

"Wait." Ambrosius spoke up from beside me, staring at the paused screen intently. He sighed and turned towards Todd. I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Well, Gold-nerd?" Todd questioned, losing patience by the second.

"Never mind, thought I saw something." He said with a mumble in his voice. I narrowed my eyes suspiciously at him and looked back to Todd who was smirking smugly at Ambrosius.

"How about we play that clip a bit longer, see if we can spot anything?" I asked with a small smile spreading across my face.

"He's probably halfway to Jersey by now, can you guys hurry up." Todd complained, I rolled my eyes and Ambrosius flicked his forehead with disgusted look on his face.

The video unpaused and the security guard sped up the video, zooming in on a pillar beside the now arriving subway, to reveal Ballister peaking out from behind it.

"And there's our villain." I said with a smug smile on my face. Ambrosius' face remained neutral, though hus fist seemed to clench in anger.

"The subway leads to the market, it arrives in six minutes." The security guard said, turning back to their computer.

"I knew that would happen, c'mon. We're going to the market." Todd said with a scoff, walking out of the room with knights following behind him.

"Aren't you going, Ambrosius?" I said, tilting my head.

"No, I uh- have something to take care of." Ambrosius said, walking away in the opposite direction of the other knights.

I shrug at him and turned my gaze back to the bright screen, staring at the strange pink mouse beside Ballister with a confused expression.

Y/N's Pov
——————————————————

I boarded the train, sitting down in one of the seats near the front and propping my feet up on the seat across from me. I sat next to Ballister, though I would have sat next to Nimona, but they were currently in their gorilla form, and taking up almost the entire seat.

"You've been staring." Nimona said, side eyeing Ballister. They shoved their pizza into his face. "Does somebody want pizza?" They asked tauntingly.

"Can you just be normal for a second?" Ballister said, pushing the pizza out of his face. I elbowed him in the stomach, making him grunt in pain.

"Define normal." I said, glaring at the black haired knight.

"I think it'd be easier if you were a girl." I looked at him as if he just told me the sky was green at a different angle.