XV

Y/N's Pov
——————————————————

We landed the car under a nearby bridge, far away from the market and the castle, where the non-descendants of Gloreth lived, where lil ol' me grew up.

Nimona jumped out of the car once we landed, almost tripping over their own feet, I chuckled as they did and got out of the car as well. The pinkette's head immediately snapped towards me, a light blush coating her beauti- FACE, I MEANT FACE.

Ballister followed Nimona out of the car, seemingly unaware of us having a staring contest, and went to open the trunk.

He suddenly paused in what he was doing, turning around slowly and staring intently at something with a shocked expression. I followed his gaze and panic spread through my body

"Y-your leg." Ballister said, pointing his mechanical finger at Nimona who raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"Pardon?" The brown eyed girl said, tilting her head to the side in question.

"There's an arrow in you're leg!" Ballister threw up both arms, pointing directly at the arrow.

The only thing he received was a simple, "Oh."

"Okay, you should really sit down." I said, walking over to Nimona. They tried to protest, but I just looked at them, a rare, serious expression on my face, before leading the pink haired girl to a conveniently placed couch.  

"It's a splinter it'll work itself out." Nimona said, with a shrug, trying and failing again to push me out of the way.

"You're bleeding, sit." I said firmly, placing a hand on her shoulder, making her sit down on the sofa.

Ballister looked around for something to bandage the wound, leaving me to pull out the arrow. I sighed and look kneeled down to look at the wound.

"This might hurt a little." I said, grimacing as I wrapped my palm around the arrow gently tugging it, resulting in a splash of blood leaving the wound making me jump in surprise.

"Woah! Okay! That's uh- really- umm..." I said, letting go of the arrow quickly and backing up from Nimona, almost falling over. They stared at me blankly with an emotion I can't describe.

I exhaled and grabbed the arrow again, taking in a nervous breath. Ballister seemed to notice my fidgety behavior and walked over, crouching beside me.

"Alright, Y/N is going to pull on the count of three." Ballister said beside me, placing a hand on both mine, and Nimona's shoulder.

Nimona sat with wide eye, confused and weirded out by our concern.

"Okay- uh. 1.. 2... 3!" I said, yanking out the arrow, closing my eyes and bracing myself.

I paused, before blinked my eyes back open, and watched as Nimona sat there, unfazed and staring at me curiously.

"Okay, most people scream at that part." Ballister muttered beside me, pulling bandaged out of his back pocket.

"I'm not a people." Nimona said in a neutral tone.

"Does it like- hurt at all? Do want me to get something? Are you light headed, does it sting to much? I can run back to market and-" I ranted, but Nimona interrupted me before I could finish.

"It's fine Y/N, don't be such a mom about it." Nimona said with a small laugh, before their tone shifted into a more serious one. "And plus, I've been through worse." They admitted with a sigh.

"What does it, feel like?" The raven haired man questioned beside me, trying to change the topic before things got too personal.

"Pretty stab-y, in my leg region." Nimona joked, a small smile breaking out onto their face, though barely noticable with this lighting.

"No. No. The shape shifting." Ballister asked with a chuckle. "Does it hurt or does it-" He continued, not noticing the uncomfortable expression Nimona had. I cleared my throat loudly, signaling for him to stop and he seemed to catch on.

"Sorry, uh- small minded questions." Ballister said, grabbing the bandages and beginning to wrap them around Nimona's wound.

I mean, I would bandage them myself, but I'm not exactly trained professionally like he is, and I don't know how to in the first place.

I watched as Nimona's eyes softened as he tied the bandage gently around their leg. I smiled to myself, they were beginning to trust each other. About time.

"Honestly," Nimona started, looking down at the couch below them. "I feel worse when I don't do it, like my insides are itchy. You know that second right before you sneeze? That's close to it... And then I shape shift, and I'm free." Nimona said, tilting their head upwards to look at the bridge above us with a calm smile.

"Well, what if you held it in, if you didn't shape shift." Ballister said, looking up from the floor to look Nimona in the eye.

"I'd die." Nimona said in a monotone voice. Though, I could tell they were holding back a laugh so I played along, to bring up the mood.

"Huh?" I said like an idiot. Nimona bonked me on the head, unable to hold back their laugh anymore.

"Don't be so gullible." The shape shifter said, bouncing up from their spot, stretching they're arms as they walked closer to the car.

Suddenly loud banging noises could be heard through out the area, I tensed up, my hand hovering over where my W/N should be. Ballister seemed alert as well and wrapped his fingers around his sword handle. Nimona just seemed unbothered.

I sighed with an annoyed tone when I realized the banging was coming from the car trunk and not some random thing in a nearby alleyway.

——————————————————

Sorry if it's kind of rushed, I'm babysitting a child so it's kind of difficult to write a whole chapter right now. 💀
Another gift <3

WordsStay safe and stay hydrated!Feel free to leave a vote, it really helps :)

Words
Stay safe and stay hydrated!
Feel free to leave a vote, it really helps :)