V

Ambrosius' Pov
—————————————————————

I didn't know what to think, my best friend was murder, the queen was dead, and I'm the one expected to take care of it?

I was walking down the hall when the alarms suddenly triggered, of course, I proceeded with parodical in mind, and ignored it, the alarm went off all the time for drills, I didn't actually think anything was happening till it happened.

I turned the knob on the door and what do I see? If you thought a jar of prunes, you thought wrong.

My breath hitched as I met eyes with, get this, my old pal Ballister Boldheart. (I was told they changed his last name🤷‍♀️) Along with two strange girls by his side, well I think the other one's a girl, it's hard to tell with the cloak.

"Ambrosius?" He said, his voice wavering as he reached out with his, robotic arm?? I took a hesitant step towards them, I couldn't think of any words to say.

His hand slowly retreated back to his side, the pink haired girl beside him looked between the two of us before smirking while looking back at me.

"Ohhh, nemesisss." She said, tapping her fingertips together in an evil manor.

"Nemesis?" I said, confused, looking back and forth between the two. I thought we were still friends? Though I may have chopped off his arm, which I regret, very much.

"Queen killer!" I heard a knight shout from behind me, I didn't care, I still stood shocked. Looking Ballister dead in eyes, he stared back with a pitiful look on his face.

"Oh look, it's Gloreth!" The freckled pink haired girl yelled, I turned my eyes away for a split second, the other knights looked around in confusion, like little headless chickens.

The second I looked back, they were gone. I scowled to myself, looking over to the knights charging and yelling at the broom closet door.

I stood to the side, I didn't exactly feel like jumping into a pile of sweaty knights.

Just before I was about to help them pry the door open, a giant pink thing jumped out of the closet, it looked like it said something before it threw the nearest knights into the walls of the room.

I was blown back and shoved to the ground, I looked up, trying to see what this thing was, only to see a...

"Rhinoceros?" I said, flabbergasted as I collapsed back to the floor.

Y/N's Pov
—————————————————————

Blonde didn't seem too happy when Nimona called him Ballister's nemesis, neither did said knight, Ballister.

I looked back to the charging group of knights before being forcefully shoved into a closet by Nimona.

I noticed Nimona struggling to keep the door closed, I got up from my spot on the floor of the broom closet and helped her hold back the hordes of people wanting to get in.

"Not an exit, that's on me." She said, sucking in a breath in what I assume was either annoyance or disappointment.

"Eh, it's a closet. Oh yeah! Ballister, you know a lot about being in closets, how do we get out?" I said sassily, resulting in me receiving an elbow to the stomach.

"Not the time, N/N." (nickname) Nimona said with a small smile forming at the edge of her lips, before it turned back into a neutral expression.

"Did you see the way he looked at me?" Ballister said. I'm guessing he's still in a state of shock, from meeting what I presume is an old friend of his from when he was a knight.

The door flung open for a quick second, I'd slam it back and Nimona pulled down a pipe beside her to barricade the door. We gave each other a thumbs up  and turned back to Ballister, man this dude mopes, I mean broods, a lot.

"He really thinks I killed the queen." He said, looking down at his feet.

"Everyone thinks you killed the queen!" Nimona said angrily. I flicked him the forehead and he stumbled back near Nimona, who smacked him across the back of his head.

"Snap out of it." She said sternly.

"What was that for?!" Ballister said, holding the back of his head in pain,

His head was grabbed by Nimona who was staring at him aggressively, making him look her in the eye.

"I can get us out of here, but things are about to get.." She said trailing off.

"Weird." I finished for her, she nodded in response but didn't look away from Ballister's frightened face.

"About to get weird?" He repeated in confusion, I can understand why he'd say that. Things were already weird enough.

"Promise me you won't freak out." She said, a serious expression shown on her normally chaotic face.

"How can I promise you if I don't know what's going to happen?" Ballister said, his voice slightly muffled by Nimona's hands.

"Well, I guess you'll just have to trust me." Nimona said quickly in response.

Ballister pulled back from their staring contest, "Why would I trust you?" He snapped.

An axe broke through the door, directly above where my head was, I ducked in response and backed away from the door. Nimona's eyes held a bit of fear for a split second.

"If you don't, we'll all die in this closet!" She said, having enough of his constant arguing.

"Die?" Ballister said, his mood slightly changing as he jumped back a little.

"Now promise!" Nimona yelled.

"I promise." Ballister said firmly.

"Promise, promise?" Nimona said, making sure nothing would backfire, of course I already knew of her shapeshifting, I've been her friend for years. But, I don't exactly know how Ballister would take it.

"On my life!" Ballister yelled as he ducked under a few arrows that made it through the door.

"Then say it again." Nimona said, catching on of the arrows as it was about to hit her face.

"I promise!" Ballister said, beginning to get annoyed with all these promises.

"Oh wow, even when you see the horn?" She said, slightly surprised.

"Horn? What do you mean? Like a trumpet horn?!" He yelped as a sword broke through the door.

"Just promise!" Nimona yelled, beginning to transform as flashes of pink appeared on her peachy tanned skin.

"I promise I not freak— UH-" He said, looking at the giant rhino in shock, it stared back at him then charged through the door and bits of wall.

—————————————————————

1086 Words
Stay safe and stay hydrated