IV

Director's Pov
—————————————————————

I smirked to myself, everything I had planned, had gone exactly how it was supposed to. Ballister would kill the queen, yes, I admit it's sad the queen has to go, but, anything for the kingdom, after that, he'd be framed and imprisoned for murder and I would serve as the new ruler.

I had almost laughed when I heard that Ballister had tried to tell the other knights that it was an "accident" and it was the squire's fault for swapping the sword.

Walking down the halls of the castle, staff in hand and head held high, as usual, I entered the prison room, where the armless ex-knight himself sat, moping in the corner, I almost felt sad for him. keyword, almost.

"Ballister," I said sternly, adding a hint of disappointment in my voice, to add on to the act.

"Director?" He said, turning around desperately clinging to hope. "I'm innocent, I swear on Gloreth's name." He said, approaching the bars of the cell hastily.

"I don't know how it.." He started to say but paused mid sentence as I stepped back in disgust, although I made sure to mask it as fear and surprise. I watched his grip around the cell bars tighten and release slightly as he continued, "..how it happened."

"We all saw how it happened," I said, practically stopping on any hope he had, it was so enjoyable to watch. "I feel so foolish, and..." I started, in a hurt tone, glaring at him. "I trusted you, the queen believed in you."

Ballister's body language noticeably sank, clearly disappointed in my lies, of course he didn't know that part.

"She thought someone like you could be a hero," I said, turning around, my knuckles turning white from how hard I was gripping my staff. "And it costed her, her life." I began to exit the room slowly, watching him from the corner of my eye.

"Director please, you know I love the queen. I love the institute." He said, slumping over. "Talk to Goldenloin!" He said firmly, before quickly saying, "Can I, speak to Goldenloin?" He said, slightly unsure in a quieter tone.

"He is heartbroken, like the rest of this kingdom." I said sadly, I didn't understand why Goldenloin still liked Ballister at all! "You won't be talking to anyone anymore, Ballister."

"Please! Please, just listen to me." He said desperately, shoving his face through the bars.

"No, I won't make that mistake again." I said, beginning to exist the room, closing the door behind me while hearing Ballister pleads for me to listen.

I had a smug grin on my face once I exited the room, yup, everything was going , perfectly. Though, unbeknownst to me, I was being watched.

3rd Person's Pov
—————————————————————

Ballister was, once again, seen brooding in the corner of his cell, looking down at his feet in what could only be described as sadness.

A metallic hand reached over nears his ear, whispering, "I told you so."

"Oh!- Good Gloreth." Ballister said, jumping back in surprise.