XVI

Squire's POV
————————————————

I sighed in annoyance, listening to these heartfelt conversations is getting boring. I shifting my position slightly so I wasn't as uncomfortable. I clenched a sweaty hand, before banging it against the trunk door.

"So nice to hear you guys bonding," I shouted with a 'cheerful' tone. "Ah, such a shame I have to go, let me go." I said with a fake pout.

"Oh yeah, the punk in the trunk. Let's go dunk on the punk in the truck." I heard someone say, their voice muffled.

"I forgot he was here." I heard an annoyed voice say, sounding further away than the last one. I rolled my eyes and slouched deeper into my spot.

The door suddenly burst open and I jumped back in surprise, crossing my arms in front of me for protection.

"Start talking." Ballister said from beside a random pinkette who looked at me like they wanted to strangle me, with a smile might I add.

"He wants blood." They said, gripping onto the car while leaning down towards me.

"Blood?" I said in surprise, backing up with an uneasy expression.

"Your blood." They confirmed with a toothy grin clear on their face.

"I don't want blood." Ballister said from beside her, a confused and slightly annoyed tone in his voice.

"Buckets of blood!" They continued, ignoring Ballister's protests but noticeably backing away from me.

"Where'd we get a bucket from?" A girl spoke up from beside the car, leaning onto it lazily. To be honest I didn't even know she was there till she spoke up.

"That's not the point, what I want is answers. So start talking." Ballister said, crossing his arms with a scowl on his face.

"Or we start stabbing." The pink haired girl said from beside him, mimicking a stabbing motion with her hand.

"No stabbing." Ballister said firmly, putting his hand to their face in a 'stop' motion.

"Slapping?" They offered, only to receive a firm nudge from the girl leaning on the car, a small smile on her face.

"Okay, stop! Why'd you set me up." The raven haired man said, pointing an accusing finger at my face, I jumped and pushed it away from me while scrambling for my phone.

"I didn't-" I started to say, wincing as all their expressions hardened. Well besides the the girl's, she didn't seem to care that much.

"Then who?" Ballister spat, anger clear in his voice.

"You?" The chaotic one said, a unamused look on their face but a small grin was still visible.

"No!" I yelled quickly in response, throwing my hands up in frustration.

"Who?" Ballister pushed, glaring at me. I backed up till my back hit the trunk's wall.

"Just let him speak for Gloreth's sake." The E/C colored girl said, getting up from the car's side and walking closer to me.

"Thank you! I-" I began but Ballister was still impatient, not even letting me start.

"Blanche? Chad? Todd?" He said, beginning to throw out names at me.

"Todd?!" I said, a little shocked.

"Punchable face guy?" - "The annoying one?" The pinkette and the girl beside her spoke at the same time, expressions split between eagerness and annoyance.

"Of course! Todd swapped my sword, didn't he?" Ballister said, jumping up from his spot.

"What? No!" I retorted quickly, beginning to grow annoyed that they wouldn't let me talk.

"Why are you protecting him?" The bearded man spat. I sighed and yanked out my phone.

"Seriously? Who'd protect Todd?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows with a stressed look on my face as I hastily looked for the video I filmed earlier.

They ignored the fact I had my phone and browned eyed one backed away till they were out of sight, a smirk on their face.

"Guess we're just going to have to do things the hard way." They said with a shrug, before a small wisp of pink appeared as a familiar head peaked out from under the car's trunk.

"Peeka-boo." The demon baby said cheekily. I scrambled away with a yelp.

"GAH!- Here, look!" I said, shoving my phone in front of their faces.

I noticed Ballister staring intently at it as the video started, pulling his arm closer to his body.

The pink haired one appeared again and walked over to us. They pushed the taller girl out of the way to get a view of the screen, they both began to push each other while still trying to watch, the taller girl gave up and resting her chin on the pinkette's head, making her tense up.

All three of their expressions turned into shocked ones as the Director appeared on screen, sword in hand.

"It was the Director.. she killed the Queen." Ballister said in disbelief. Taking a step back, handing the phone back to me. "None of this makes sense." He began to walk away, pulling his hood up.

I stared at him with a look of pity before turning back to the two in front of me.

"Your welcome for the new car." One said, turning to catch up with Ballister.

I shifted back my gaze back to the chaotic pink haired one, only to find her gone and replaced with the possessed child again.

"Sorry about kidnapping you." They said timidly, looking down at the floor.

I got out of the car with a sigh, turning to them. "It's alright."

"Oᖇ ᗩᗰ I?" They said in a demonic voice, I backed away in fear and began running back to the market.

A/N
————————————————

Sorry about the late chapter, I got strep throat and lost my voice so I felt like I just got hit by a truck for about a week.

961 Words
Stay safe and stay hydrated!