VII

Y/N's Pov
—————————————————————

Wow, didn't expect that. One second I'm jumping out of a building with my best friend and her hobo boss, the next I was being help by the cloak by some stranger.

I was jumping out the window, y'know, like everyone else. Before I could even start falling, I was pulled by the edge of my cloak, straight back into the building.

On reflex, I reached for my W/N, only to find it gone, huh, must've fallen out when Ballister was clinging to me.

The hood of my cloak had already fallen down and my face had been revealed, I doubted that mattered, because before I even knew it, I was being cuffed by the savior of the kingdom herself, the Director.

"Knights, take this one to the cells, and make sure they're restrained correctly." Her "angelic" voice echoed throughout the room. I only rolled my eyes.

I was, once again, yanked by some stranger into some, dark and dingy room. As I walked, I noticed one of cell door panels was broken, I could've guessed who'd done that in a heartbeat.

As we reached the end of the hall, they removed my poorly done restraint, and replaced them. As well as putting a blindfold around my head, why they did that, I can't exactly think of a reason other than so I don't... look at them too aggressively?

The knights pushed me harshly into the cell, locking the door. I grunted as I hit the floor, standing up quickly.

"C'mon man! It's not like I've stolen anything... in front of you!" I complained, sitting down on the floor with a 'thump'.

I sighed, but then proceeded to try inching my nose with my shoulder, how do people do anything in these.

"It smells like rat poop someone found in an ancient Egyptian catacomb, is there any air freshener?" I asked one of the guards that were posted in front of my door.

"If I stole something from my family member's dog, is it still considered stealing? Since a dog's not an actual approved citizen." I asked, tilting my head as I continue to try and annoy them to death.

"What could you possible steal from a dog." One of knights spat, smacking their wrist into the cell making me jump in surprise.

"That's not the point, you're ignoring the point. Anyway, what is there to do here, where's the Director? I-" Just as I was about to finish, the guard groaned in annoyance.

"Screw this! I'm changing posts." They yelled, glaring at my smirking face.

As I heard the sounds of their footsteps begin to fade, I began struggling against my restrains though it was hard since I couldn't exactly see anything, but I still tried pulling, biting, and bending them till my wrists were sore.

I sighed for what seemed like the eighth time in the last thirty minutes, lord what am I gonna do?

Nimona's Pov a few minutes ago
—————————————————————

I grinned to myself, throwing up rock and roll signs with my hands as I watched sides of the building begin to crumble. Standing proudly on a boulder beside where Ballister'd lay pathetically on the ground.

"Metal~" I muttered with a devilish grin, turning to see Ballister get smacked in the head with a piece of rubble. "Wasn't that wicked Y/N?" I said, turning around, only to find no one there.

"Y/N?" I said, raising an eyebrow as I looked around in confusion. I wasn't used to them not being beside me or behind me, not since they left.

I started to panic a little, playing it off as a joke.
"Y/N, I swear in Gloreth's name, if you don't come out right now." I angrily said through gridded teeth, with a pathetic chuckle.

I start dragging Ballister back hurriedly, not caring when his head hit a few sharp rocks on the forest ground.

Once I opened the door to the lair, I through Boss onto the couch, but as I was about to start looking for Y/N, a notification rang from the computer.

I walked over cautiously to it, tapping on the tab, it'd show a picture a person with a dirtied cloak on, a piece of cloth tied around their eyes, it didn't take me a second before I realized...

I forgot Y/N.

A/N
—————————————————————

This chapter is way shorter than the one's i've written so far, so apologies for that. I had originally planned for this chapter to go different but I couldn't exactly capture what Nimona's thoughts would be like, she's so unique I don't even know what write.💀

782 Words
Stay safe and stay hydrated!