X

Nimona's Pov
——————————————————

Once Ballister and I arrived at the subway, we were practically rushing to get into the train. Though, I maybe kinda sorta had to do some shapeshifting here and there, to get us out of being caught by some lame excuses for security. Oh, Y/N would have loved to insult them an- stop getting distracted!

As soon as we got onto the train we headed off to the palace, not without being rudely interrupted in our rush by a group of knights, led by the punchable face guy himself.

"'C'mon, we gotta go, go, go!" I yelled in Ballister's face, shapeshifting into a gorilla and busting through the ceiling of the train.

Once we made it into a more private area, I turned back to my human form, giving an execution poster of Y/N a dirty look before ripping it into pieces.

"Why are we- in -in such a- rush." Ballister said through short pants, resting his hands on his knees.

"Cause' boss, we gotta save Y/N!" I said while hiding my worry for the captured girl, I'm not the best at showing emotions, specifically, any. But I know me and Y/N have something that Glor- never mind.

"And prove my innocences, right?" He said, removing his hands from his knees and adjusting his posture.

"Yeah, whatever. Follow me." I said, motioning my hand for him to come here.

I noticed him reluctantly begin to follow me, as I continued to walk ahead. Ballister seemed to stop for a moment while staring at a crowd of people, I stopp as well.

"What is so important that it has to make Y/N wait?" I asked, annoyed.

"N-nothing, let's go." Ballister said, in a suspiciously nervous tone, I rose an eyebrow at him.

Y/N's Pov
———————————————————

I now sat on the palace's balcony, with Ambrosius standing next to me with a small army of knights, all the for one person? So professional... I'm being sarcastic if you can't tell.

"I don't understand why I, the teenage girl who lives miles away from here, and you, the fully grown adult who was standing a few feet away. And only one of us, understands that, your best friend murdered the queen." I said in mocking tone,

"Shut up, I'm questioning life right now." Ambrosius said with a concentrated look on his face. I gave him the best deadpan stare I could.

"That's the point of question, is it not?" I said, leaning back and slumping down, slowly on to the floor.

He was about to something when the Director appeared out of the corner of my eye, I sat up and elbowed him, making him glare at me then look around only to realize my reasoning behind it.

"Only a few minutes before your execution, are you exited?" The Director said with a smirk.

"aRe yOU ExIteD?" I mocked, then proceeding to stick my tongue out at her. "It's an execution, not a birthday party."

The Director rolled her eyes and walked over next to me while I laid back down and kicked my feet up and down in the air, thinking about my own stuff.

A sudden burst through the door interrupted my thoughts, making me jump in surprise. I sat up and looked over to the door, only to see an extremely pissed off Nimona and Ballister being, well, Ballister.

"Alright, hand over the kid and we won't cause trouble." Ballister said, raising his hands to his sides to show he wasn't a threat.

Nimona muttered something and scoffed, I knew she was probably disagreeing with Ballister in the most sarcastic way possible, but that's just an assumption.

"There's been a change of plans, well there already was one, I'm just saying that for dramatic effect, is this dramatic enough for you?" Todd, who I didn't even know was here, said from somewhere behind me.

The Director pulled me by the handcuffs, making me stand up and walk towards the edge of the balcony.

"Oh, that is a lot further that I thought, can you reconsider killing me please?" I said, trying to lighten my mood about how I was literally going to be tossed off a building.

I watched as two knights beside Ballister and Nimona suddenly walk forward and grab them by the wrists. Just as one of the guards was putting handcuffs on, Nimona shapeshifted and smacked him the back of the head with her ostrich foot, resulting in a giant fight to break out between Ballister and Nimona versus the knights.

"Monster..." I heard the Director mutter, still holding me, I noticed her clear distraction and began to fight the restraints.

"Don't call them that." I muttered sternly, punching her im the jaw.

She recoiled and pushed me away from her, all the commotion seemed to slow down, my eyes went straight to Nimona who was already looking at me with a look in her eye I could describe.

I felt myself lose balance and... fall off the balcony.

I knew there was no way I could avoid hutting the ground without dying, I'd already accepted that, ten minutes ago.

As I was falling, about to hit the ground a pink flash appeared in the distance I felt a solid arm wrap around my waist and pulling me up.

The rate I was falling at was probably too much for the person to handle catching so we both fell down on our faces.

I looked up from the ground, though I already had a guess on who it was that mysteriously appeared and saved me, I wanted to double check.

There before me was a bruised yet smiling Nimona with wings sprouting from her back. I smiled back but paused when I realized something.

"You'd did die for me?"

——————————————————

I'm kinda running out of ideas for what to happen in chapters, I try to make a few jokes and be realistic with the character's personalities as possible when making up their lines.

1009 Words
Stay safe and stay hydrated!