XIV

[Light amount of swearing]
Ballister's Pov
——————————————————

Nimona pushed open a sewer cap and threw Y/N and I through the hole. I placed my palms on my knees, taking a second to catch my breath.

"Did they- see you do the thing?" I said through multiple short pants.

"Seriously? Those guys are after your head, and you're more worried about being seen with me.

"I told you! It's-" I lashed back but Y/N finished my sentence for me.

"-complicated. We know! You made that point very clear." She put a hand on her hip with a "I'm done" look on her face. Suddenly, I spotted someone from the corner of my eye.

"Look! Squire!" I said, pointing towards one of the market stalls, desperately trying to change the subject.

The squire was seen ringing the stall's bell, more than he should might I add, yelling for the owner with a bag of groceries in their hands.

"Okay, we gotta get him out of here, quietly." I said, emphasizing at the word quietly.

"So we're kidnapping him." Y/N said, punching her fist into her palm like she was ready to fight.

"On it!" Nimona said eagerly, jumping up from their spot.

"Wait! Not like that." I said, throwing my hand in front of them, stopping them from going any further. The shape shifted back into a girl and ducked under my arm. "Not like that, either."

"You want me to shift, you don't want me to shift. Pick a lane!" Nimona said, shapeshifting into a short black haired child.

"And now you're a boy." I sighed, slouching in my spot. I watched them as they slowly walk backwards, out of sight.

"-I am today." Nimona said mischievously, smirking as they ran over to the Squire.

"Wait, no!" I said trying to catch up with them. "Are you going to stand there, or are you going to help me?!" I whisper-yelled to Y/N who looked completely calm.

"Eh, I'd rather watch." She responded with a shrug. I groaned angrily as she began walking away towards a nearby stand.

I ran in the same direction Nimona did, stumbling on the sidewalk under me, trying to avoid being seen by passing pedestrians.

"I know that traitor is here! Find him!" I heard a familiar punchable voice yell.

I stiffened when I heard it. I panicked and jumped into a nearby car, holding my breath while biting the inside of my lip nervously.

"Don't move." I heard a stern feminine voice say from beside me. I slowly turned to look over at them.

The woman beside me, pushed down her glasses with a grin, "'Cause if you do, you're gonna miss out on a big deal today!" I narrowed my brows in disgust and muttered, "oh fuck." under my breath.

Third person Pov
——————————————————

"Excuse me, Mr. Squire, sir." A high pitched voice said from beside said person. "I can't find my mommy. "She went through that scary alley over there." The child said, pointing towards the alley beside them covered in caution tape.