VIII

Director's Pov
—————————————————————

When I heard the alarm sound, I almost immediately knew it was Ballister. He probably had broken out, or someone let him out? Either way, I'm currently marching down a now, smashed up hall, with fallen over statues and dented suits of armor laying across the floor.

When all of a sudden, I heard a loud shatter and I rushed down the hall, making a sharp turn, only to be met with a pink monster, Ballister himself, and a weird hooded kid, that Ballister was currently clinging to for dear life, while about to jump out a window.

I stared, clearly confused, before quickly reaching out to grab the criminal knight, only to wrap my hands around a silk cloak.

I yanked my arm back, with the hooded kid still in my grasp, and thankfully, not making me fall over the edge. The person I restrained flailed in confusion for a moment before struggling to get out of tight grasp.

I grunted as I pushed them into two approaching knight's arms, and after they properly contained the cloaked figure, the knights led them to the prison, by my command of course.

Smirking to myself, I walked back elegantly to my room. Already imagining the strongly worded announcement I'm going to send out about the arrest.

Oh Ballister is going to be so pissed now that I have one of his associates in my custody.

Ballister's Pov
—————————————————————

I slowly opened my eyes, my previous tiredness leaving my body. Looking through the hole in the ceiling above my head at the night sky.

I sighed as I looked down at the blanket that covered me, looking over to the candles on the table beside me, releasing another sigh in content, my eyelids flickering shut.

That's when I heard a clatter, and my eyes shot wide open.

I sat up from my spot, looking around in confusion, I see Nimona, cooking something?

They mumbled the lyrics to a song as her head phones blasted music. They flipped the pan that was currently cooking what looked to be beef of some sort.

When they did they turned around, seeing me awake. They smiled brightly at me, though, it looked real, I could tell by the way her eyes would stare blankly at me, with an occasional small twitch,
that it was fake.

"Ah. Hey, boss!" They said, loud enough that they could hear themselves over their music, which they now turned off.

"How long was I out for?" I asked, titling my head slightly. They approached me, leaning on the side of the couch I was on, looking down in what I thought was sadness.

"Oh. Fifteen years.." They said slowly, looking at me from the corner of their eye, I jumped back in shock, while dramatic thunder crashes in the background.

"Fifteen year?!" I yelled, holding the sides of my head with my hands.

"Don't be so gullible, she's just a couple hours away."  Nimona said, titling her head, not in confusion, but in amusement.