XVIII

Y/N's POV
——————————————————

"What are you waiting for Ambrosius?" My eyes narrowed as I listened to the Director whisper into the golden knight's ears.

I was standing the closest to the two in front of us, other than Ballister of course. Said man looked as though he had as well heard what she had whispered, his muscles seeming to tense.

"Hurry up before the whale get's here!" An annoying voice piped up from above us. I only scoffed quietly in response, if I had eyes in the back of my head they'd be glaring daggers at the man.

I suddenly felt a hand reach into mine and my eyes whipped to the side. I was met with a nervous looking pair of brown eyes staring back at me with a small, unsure smile on their face.

I only smiled back in response, squeezing their hand back in reassurance. They seemed to calm down at that, stepping forward to stand beside me.

"Come on, man." Nimona said, eyeing his sword while taking another step forward, this time cautiously. "Do the right thing."

"I-" Ambrosius started to respond, but was interrupted by Todd.

"Who is she?" He questioned loudly, lowering his motorbike to get a closer look at the pink haired rebel. I stepped back from my spot next to Ballister, my eyes not leaving Todd's as I throwing my arm up in front of Nimona.

Our eyes met for a split second before I looked away, a clear coat of pink covering my face. This is not the time to be flustered, pull it together.

"Everyone, I'm begging you to trust me-" Ballister began to say while putting a hand to his chest.

But just then, an arrow shot directly at Ballister's head.

My eyes widened and I shoved him to the side with a grunt, he's almost five times the weight of me jeez-

The arrow only skimmed a hair on his mustache, resulting in a small piece falling to the ground along with the arrow.

My eyes shot up to the familiar annoying laugh above us. I guess I did get to glare daggers into Todd's lopsided head today.

"You really thought we'd trust a traitor like you! Arrest them!" He yelled from his motorbike, pointing his sword down at us.

"You wanna know who the kid is!" Ballister said, spinning around to look at the brunette in the sky.

"Oh, I like where this is going." Nimona stepped forward, a smirk now on their face. They pushed my arm down slowly and gave me a subtle wink. I could only grin back at them.

"You wanna show 'em?" I asked, turning back towards the crowd of knights, raising my fists in a fighting stance.

"I'd love to." They replied in a low mutter, staring down at the floor.

"Let's break someone." I said, bending my knees, ready to launch at anyone approaching me.

"Metal." Nimona's eyes began to glow a bright pink as their head shot up. They jumped into the air, transforming into a gorilla while doing so before falling to the ground with a loud crash, cracking the building under them.

They leaped up from their spot, their landing spot being Todd's not so lucky face, his bike launched backwards.

My attention was drawn away as I noticed something from the corner of my eye, a group of knights charging towards Ballister and I.

Ballister instantly pulled out his sword and blocked an incoming attack at his neck, while I just narrowly avoided a not very nice, Ballister cosplay attempt.

I heard the sound of helicopter taking off and I spun around, backhanding a knight in the face while I do so.

I notice the Director trying to escape in the helicopter, with Ambrosius hesitantly rushing her inside. I rolled my eyes in annoyance and tried running over to it, but I suddenly felt a large weight hit the back of my head.

Of course, I wasn't paying any attention to my surroundings. Good job me.

I was shoved to the ground, my back hitting the smooth floor below me as a knight tried slashing at my face.

I panicked and grabbed a piece of rubble from the ground, smashing it into their head before their blade could reach me.

I sat up quickly and looked at the now unconscious knight, grabbing his sword and shoving his body away from me with my foot.

I looked back to see Ballister throwing an Armadillo Nimona at an unlucky knight's prince-y part. Resulting a loud clank of their shell hitting his armor.

"Sorry, not sorry!" They yelled, while being picked up by Ballister. I laughed to myself with a small smile, trying to make my way over to them but I was stopped when I heard a voice beside me.

"Awww." Todd gushed from beside me, I scoffed and bashed the handle of my sword on the top of his head.

"Hurry up!" Nimona yelled, now a horse.

"I'm going! Don't rush me!" I responded, running over and jumping up beside Ballister on Nimona's back.

Which was a bad idea, they jumped off the side of the building and I frantically yelped in surprise.

A few troops of knight flew over to us on their bikes, firing arrows at our heads.

Nimona transformed back into a human and grew wings from her back, hanging on to both Ballister and I's hoods.

"Told you that you'd want the wings!" The pinkette exclaimed, dropping us onto our feet when we reached the ground.

"Whatever." Ballister said, unsheathing his sword again while looking back at us with a smile.

A/N
——————————————————

YHelp I can't write fighting at all 💀

What's the best pizza place

970 Words
Stay safe and stay hydrated!