Chapter eight- Mirabella

Tears uncontrollably roll down my cheeks as I observe myself in the huge mirror, and I ask myself what wrong I've done to deserve this level of punishment the universe has chosen to deal me

This is my life; misery. One month since I've been married to this monster and every day, I'm one step closer to death. A death I know will be delivered to me by my husband. Matteo.

In one month, I've been buried alive and made to stay beneath the earth five hours each day for three days. I've been stripped and flogged with a leather flogger until I passed out. I've been locked up in a dark room with no food for so many days until I was close to losing my sanity. I've been pushed into the pool and left to drown by Matteo after he found out I couldn't swim.

This has been my life with Matteo for a long one month. He doesn't talk to me but when ever he does, there's always punishment accompanying each word.

Punishments that seem too extreme and well thought out as though he has them planned out and waiting to find fault within me.

How does my husband come up with such wicked ideas?

I look pale as a ghost, my eyes are sunken into my skull, I'm loosing a lot of hair from the excessive stress, I can barely fit into any of my clothes and my blood pressure has started to peak high.

Fuck my life.

Who'd have thought, a multi millionaire if not a billionaire of my status looking like a homeless girl on the streets.

I observe myself through the mirror a little longer until I finally realize that I've had enough. Enough of the torture, enough of the insults, enough of the belittling and I'm ready to leave damned the consequences. I believe I have the resources I need to protect myself if need be.

I immediately put a call across to a friend, making arrangement for transport while I plan on how to escape from this estate which would be easy, considering Matteo and his friends are absent.

I begin pacing back and forth in my room until my timer beeps, alerting me that the time has come for me to make my move. I scurry my way down the flight of stairs on my tippy toes in order not to alert the maids, but the moment my finger tips come in contact with the door knob, a very familiar, thick, intimidating voice thunders and causes me to halt my movement and let out a loud gasp.

"Where the fuck do you think you're going? Wife?"

It's Matteo, fuck! Hows he here? I thought he had a meeting to attend? When did he get here and why didn't I hear him come in?

My brain go wild with different thoughts.

"This is not you keeping the promises you made to me in the presence of God," Matteo snickers with a smirky smile and I look him up and down.

"You have kept not one of your promises either, so I guess we're both committing the same sin," I clap back at him and his jaw instantly locks as his eyes darken.