Chapter seventeen- Matteo

That feeling of dread

The knowing that things are about to change drastically and there's no way out of it except embracing that change even if it would cost your life.

That's what I feel as I board the yacht with the boys. The crew members welcome us on board and lead us straight to the cabin where we'd meet with the Colombians to talk business.

The smoke from their burning cigarette sticks fills the room as we walk in, naked girls walking around and taking whatever disgusting treatment those fuckers dish them. Strippers sliding up and down the strip poles and a good number of the men and women drugging themselves up to a point of unconsciousness.

What the fuck.

I clench my jaw and manage to remain as polite as I can be as I greet their Capo.

"I hope this isn't the reason I was invited out for this meeting; getting drugged up and cruising around the Mediterranean."

Irresponsible fuckers.

If I wasn't so taken by my wife's body, I'd be more than happy to have some fun with the women. But you see, my wife is not to be compared with these whores; it'd in fact be an insult to her if I compared her to these. . .dirty things. She's too perfect.

I look over at the boys and they're all wearing their—this is time for serious business—faces. Exactly why I love to attend business meetings with them; they've never and will never be swayed by any kind of fun until every business is successfully or unsuccessfully completed.

The unsuccessful times being the time where we go loco and make the world light up with our guns.

The adrenaline.

Thankfully, the boys loathe these fucking Colombians as much as I do.

"Come on Matteo, don't be too serious. You should join the fun because that's what today is about. Either that or you'd be directed to your various rooms and be in waiting until we're ready to fully kick off the meeting." The Capo—Arturo—declares through his breathy laugh and I scoff.

Disrespectful fucker.

"You'll address me as Don, Arturo." I state and all his men rise from their slumber. Fuckers, if I wanted to take him out, he'd be dead by now. "We'll join the fun but make sure it ends as fast as it began and don't fucking speak to me casually. Do you understand?" I seethe and he gives me a slight nod as his eyes express the hurt he feels from how thoroughly I ruffled up his ego.

I don't mean to join the fun but I'd rather be in here and see for myself what truly is going on than be in a room while these fuckers plot my death.

I relax on the cushion and light my cigar as I wait.

The first twenty four hours pass and they're still having their fun.

I wait patiently but the foul play on display doesn't go unnoticed. The strippers keep passing vials that contains a certain kind of substance to the high ranking members of the Cartel and I'm curious to know what it contains.