Chapter eleven- Mirabella

"Tell me something about you; something I don't already know

"Tell me something about you; something I don't already know."

Matteo questions in a soft voice as he wraps the cuff of the sphygmomanometer around my upper arm. I blink a few times from the unexpectedness of his question.

He raises an eyebrow nudging me to answer as he continues taking my blood pressure and I scoff. "Bold of you to think you know even a thing about me."

"You have no idea. Annabella. . ." His voice is laced with mischief.

I narrow my eyes at him. Something in my gut telling me that Matteo knows something about me; something that might jeopardize me. My identity perhaps.

"So, what's your story, you know with the consistent nightmares." Matteo calls back my attention and I bite down on my bottom lip.

"I don't know Matteo, you tell me. After all you're the one who has dedicated your time to making sure you traumatize me with your horrific punishments," I answer in one breath making sure my sarcasm doesn't go unnoticed.

"So? I'm responsible for your nightmares?"  Matteo chuckles dryly.

"Yes." I give a one worded answer.

"Well, I'm honored."

I scoff and my mouth hangs open for a minute. What sort of messed up man did I end up with? I ask myself.

"You're all good for now wife." Matteo's voice in a monotone as he packs up the sphygmomanometer. "We hope to keep it that way, don't we?" I gasp when he places a kiss on my temple.

"We do." I look at him a little longer than I should and gulp. "Matteo?" I say his name in a hushed tone.

"Yes?"

"You're an asshole but thank you for taking care of me." Why the fuck did I just say thank you to the man who almost killed me?

Jesus.

Get your head in order Mirabella.

I swallow my pills and wait for Matteo to leave the room so I can take out the contact lenses and lie back down but he doesn't move. He stands beside me for a while, his eyes heavy on me and it takes a lot for me not to squirm.

I feel so bare and violated by the way his eyes are scanning every inch of my body.

Matteo heaves out a sigh and walks around to the other end of the bed and I narrow my eyes, "what do you think you're doing?" I question him nervously.

"Trying to get some sleep. Keep up Bella."

Jesus Fucking Christ.

"In here? You cannot be in here Matteo, leave!"  My voice become thick with anger and Matteo only scoffs as his back lands on the bed with a small squeak.

"Go to sleep Bella, I'm not about to fuck you in your sleep," he looks me up and down with hooded eyes, "except you want me to."

"In your wildest imagination," I mutter.