Chapter forty-nine- Matteo

She has nothing of mine?

She has nothing of mine?!

I crane my neck back, laughing without an ounce of humor whilst the water continue running down my body.

She's delusional if she thinks that she isn't mine. Her existence is mine, that body is mine, those eyes are mine and should be kept on me, those lips are mine. Everything she has is mine.

Everything she is and will ever be belongs to me.

Especially those two angels.

I've always known Mirabella to be nothing less than perfection, and now, she has blessed me with the most perfect children. They're out of this world with their peculiar features and I made that.

I made that!

I have two fucking kids and I made them with the love of my life!

This is going to be so much fun.

I laugh some more, wrapping the towel around my waist, hurrying to get ready for the dinner that's about to begin in less than thirty minutes. I cannot wait to speak to my children. I have a shit ton of questions to ask them and I know very well how pissed Mirabella will get by the time I set my plans in motion.

She has nothing of mine? We shall see then.

Walking down the stairs, my eyes lock with Mirabella's. I hold her stare for about a minute before shifting my gaze to my son who's looking at me in awe with his mouth gaped open. He gasps, widening his eyes when he notices me staring back at him. The action draws an amused chuckle out of my throat. With a shake of my head, I shift my gaze to my daughter.

The devil herself. She's glaring into my soul, her eyes drilling holes into my skull and her bottom lip caught viscously between her teeth. I raise a brow at her in warning and she does the same.

Fuck!

My daughter is warning me to look away from her and she's like what? Five?

I love her already.

Don't get me wrong, I love both my children equally but I think I'll have so much fun with the little devil. She's my alter ego. The little version of me.

With a clear to my throat, I take my seat directly opposite my children and the helps begin serving everyone on the table their own portion of food.

"So you're Mariana and he's Mariano, like twins?" I direct my question to the kids and they nod frantically.

Mariana swallows her food, "I'm the oldest and the strongest! Mamá said I almost ate my brother in the womb! That's how strong I am!" She giggles and I raise a brow, turning my head to peek a glance at Mirabella.

She's looking at me—scratch that— she's glaring at me, shaking her head and silently warning me to stop speaking to her kids. I scoff.

"Well, it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance Mariana, Mariano." They both take a glance at themselves, giggling happily as though they have something mischievous up their sleeves. "I'm Matteo, that's my mother Maria and that beautiful lady is my sister Julia. I'm your mother's–"