Chapter twenty-eight- Mirabella

After days of restlessly awaiting Matteo's return, I was finally informed that he had returned earlier this morning but it saddens me that he hasn't cared to come and see me

I had gotten impatient earlier and went to his office but the guards refused letting me in. They confirmed that Matteo gave strict orders not to let anyone in even if that person were to be me.

So here I am, standing beneath the shower and letting the slightly warm water run down my body as I curse myself out for thinking that my sexual encounter with my husband would somehow better our relationship.

I mean he did say he wanted to fuck me, but he never said anything about it being a continuous occurrence.

I guess I expected too much.

But as human, and a woman with a lot of insecurities, I've degraded myself a lot. Even convinced myself that I'm not good enough for him. Maybe his moans and grunts and words of encouragement the other night had been due to the heat of the moment.

How can a person like me ever be good enough for the almighty Matteo Denaro?

I'm still lost in thoughts when I feel very large arms snake around me, causing me to jump with a gasp. "Hey," Matteo's groggy voice graces my ears, "it's just me princess. How have you been?"

I let out a long calming exhale and instinctively cover my private areas with my hands. There goes my stupid insecurities making me make a fool of myself.

Matteo must have noticed my action because he takes a hold of both my wrists, grasping them with one hand and pinning them above my head as he flips me around, pressing my back against the glass wall.

"Is my beautiful wife perhaps shy?" His voice drops a few octaves lower and he let out a growl like moan as his eyes unravel every inch of my bare body.

The heat of his stare bring me to naught and I embarrassingly cross my legs, one knee above the other in my attempt to shield that part of me from his wandering eyes. Matteo chuckles unamusingly, slapping my thighs over and over again, leaving me with no choice but to throw my legs apart.

"Are you trying to hide yourself from me? Why's that?" His voice comes out a bit hoarse as though he's being triggered by my actions. I bite my lip, managing a subtle gulp to contain my uneasiness.

"Noth. . .oh!" My answer is cut off by my moan when Matteo's fingers lazily glides across my slit. His eyes turn a shade darker and a hiss escapes his lips as he roughly plunges two fingers into me, immediately pressing down the pad of his thumb on my clit.

There's a scowl on his face and his jaw is clenched tight. "Why are you hiding from me? Did I do something to make you feel less of yourself or do you need me to remind you how fucking sexy you are?"

His thrusts are rough and the pressure on my clit is persistent and strong. "Fuck. . .Matteo!" I throw my head back and throw my legs widely apart to give him more access. Matteo groans his approval. "That's it princess, you don't get to conceal yourself when I'm with you."