1

Jesse's pov:
The morning has been rather quiet on the beach which allowed us boys to have some fun and even play some stupid pranks on one another. Which definitely was fun! Maxi and I even got Yatesy which made everyone laugh since he usually never falls into any pranks. So I absolutely feel like we accomplished something. When my phone rings I take it out to see who needs something from me. Usually nobody rings me when they know I am on duty, yet I check it just to be sure it's nothing important.

Hey big bro, I am heading down to the beach to catch some waves. No need to worry, Stephen is coming along. Love you!

Instantly I take the binoculars in hand and check the beach to see if I am able to locate my baby sis. Knowing her, she surely is somewhere not too many others are. She after all won't like to be recognized since that would bring a huge crowd towards her. Since I however am not able to locate her, I instead decide on writing her back.

Hey sweet cheeks! Just let me know where ya leave your stuff and where ya head on in to the waves! Love ya!

Just as I went to lay my phone back down, it yet again vibrates. Getting also the attention of Maxi and Reidy, who both have tower duty alongside me for the time being.
„So, who is the mysterious girl, ay?" Reidy questions with a mischievous smile plastered on his face.
„Nothing to concern ya mate." I reply with a laugh and quickly check my phone yet again.

Gonna be at the south end, should be the best surf for the day! Ya know, my regular spot! Love you❤️

I simply shake my head with a smile. Knowing how excited my baby sis is to finally catch some waves again, after her long tour where she had no chance to do any of that.

Take care babygirl! Love ya too❤️

Afterwards I simply pocket my phone and go back to watching the beach while the boys keep on bickering about my supposed girlfriend. Very mature I got to say, yet I know that it's all in good spirit. So I simply laugh along with them.
„Harrison, look out the back mate. There seems to be someone in trouble." I direct my fellow lifeguard to a strange looking incident.
„Copy mate! Going in." he reply's, picks up his board and heads on out to rescue two youngish girls.
„Good catch Jesse." hoppo States and pats my back as I keep my eyes on Harrison to secure he gets back on the beach without any trouble.
„Cheers hop!" I reply. Feeling proud that he still sees how much I want this job and how much it means to me. Even more so to make him see that I in fact am good at doing it!
„It's going to get even hotter in the next few hours, so better discuss how we are going to future set up the beach." hoppo tells us while already studying the board to see how he wants us to position around later on.
„Might even launch the jet ski now as we have some time." he further on says while still looking for a plan.
„Got them back on the beach. No idea what they did that far out ay, without being able to swim a stroke mate." Harrison tells us through the walki-talki. As he throws back on his shirt.
„Copy mate." I say, letting him know I heard and agree with his assessment.
„Maxi and Reidy, go down and launch the jet-ski. Maxi you go out, so dress up. Jesse and I man the tower till Reidy gets back." hoppo instructs as they quickly head on out to do as ordered.
„So, you want to stay on the team?" hoppo questions after they were out of hearing range.
„At least I figured that much, after reading your letter and application for the next year." he further on says. Making me swallow slightly before nodding my head in agreement.
„Like I stated in the letter, I definitely want to stay on the team. That is if ya have me mate." I try to sound nonchalant, but on the inside I am a nervous wreck. Not wanting to loose the job, better known as my dream job, now after my social work is done. If I loose it, I am afraid I might loose my footing again, and that's just not acceptable! I after all have to stay stable to be there for my baby sis! She might is a world wide star, but she needs the stability of her family, a family that pretty much only consists of her and me. Now she needs the support even more with her illness and everything.
„Well, you do work your ass off and fit into the team very well. So obviously there is nothing standing in between your job. So congrats mate! Come by my office after you finish your shift and sign your new employment contract." he says with a wide smile plastered on his face as he squeezes my shoulder with his hand in encouragement. He really has taken on the role of a father figure for me. Not in his eyes obviously, but in mine. He after all always has an open ear for me, encourages me, tells me when I do good and tells me how to better myself if I make a mistake.
„Thanks so much Hoppo! You have no idea how much that means to me mate!" I thank him and even hug him before realizing what I am doing.
„Sorry man, I just needed to let my joy out somehow." I hurriedly say with a nervous laugh as my eyes are teary in joy and slight worry of what hoppo might think of the hug.
„No worries buddy, I get it." he simply answers and once again squeezes my shoulder in encouragement that everything is perfectly fine.
„Jet Ski is in the water and launched. Gonna do some rounds in the back." maxi says through the walki talki. Thankfully cutting through the weirdness in the tower.
„Copy mate." I reply and take yet again the binoculars in hand to watch around the beach myself. Maybe to keep a better eye on my sister, but also overall to do my job.