8

Jesses pov:
When Hoppo starts the motor of his car, I simply watch out the window.
„I really am sorry that I worried you like that. It's just that I didn't want the boys to come along, and you were busy with your phone call. I promise I was on my way back as Deano got in." meaning every word I said as I feel horrible for not thinking of how it might look to them.
„I know that you never meant to frighten any of us bud. And I also get that you needed some space." he softly says. Not even sounding angry at me at all even though I was certain he will be mad.
„Just for the future, tell me before you leave. Even thought I would much more prefer it if nothing like that will ever happen again." he adds in a quiet plea as I can only nod my head in agreement. Most certainly I would much more prefer if nothing like that will ever happen again. The rest of the car ride was made in complete quietness, yet not uncomfortable. It's like the both of us needed some time to think in peace for a bit. That however changes the second Hoppo parks his car. Because just then I remember not only that he still doesn't know who she is, nor how well known she is and the even more dreadful part, also how there was the whole film crew on the beach today! Which means they filmed the whole incident! How could I of forgotten that part!?
A pair of arms suddenly pull me against something hard and warm, as the sheer panic starts squeezing my air way. Oh my god what should I do now? What will everyone think? Is my baby girl going to get some backlash because she knows someone like me? How could I be so stupid and forget about the cameras!?
„JESSE!" the shout of my name throws me out of my inner turmoil. Slowly my brain recognizes Hoppos voice as he try's to get me to breath. My surrounding however make absolutely no sense at all. When did we even enter the hospital? Even more specific, when did we get into an examination room?
„Deep breaths Jesse, deep breaths." Prof. King soothingly try's to get me to cooperate, yet it frightens me even further to not know how I got here.
„It's ok buddy. You started to panic when I parked outside, so I carried you in here." Hoppos caring and worried filled voice seems to do the trick since I gasp in some air. My whole body seems to be on fire, at least that how much it burns. What's happening?
„That's it bra, why don't ya take a few more deep breaths for us?" Marco asks and exaggerates his own breathing for me to follow along. Why is Marco here as well? Shouldn't he be in the chopper? Or at least by his teams side?
„Jesse, no more going off into that overworking brain of yours." Hoppo softly says as his left hand touches my cheek caringly. When my eyes find his, they seem to swim with utter worry. Yet he simply keeps on smiling lovingly at me.
„Try and take a deep breath for me buddy, yeah?" he whispers and my body right away follows his encouraging words. His smile widens slightly as he realizes that as well.
„Good job! Let's take another one." he says and once again my body follows suit. After I don't know how long, my body seems to finally be able to breath regularly again. My brain also seems to be able to recognize the position Hoppo holds me in, as well as how incredibly close our body's are.
„Can you try to loosen your tight grip a bit Jesse?" the doc softly asks. Not understanding his question, I look at my white fingers that seem to be latched into Hoppos chest in a vice like grip. Immediately I feel guilty, certain this tight hold must be very painful for him, yet my fingers don't seem to want to cooperate with me. No matter what I tell them to do, they won't let go.
„Buddy, hey. Look at me, it's ok. We have all the time we need. No reason to start to wander off in your head again." Hoppo carefully says. His whole face showing nothing but care and understanding. Two emotions I am not that used to, yet they definitely make me feel special and cared for.
„I am only going to lift the oxygen mask off your face, ay?" doc king says as he comes closer towards me as if waiting for me to lash out for daring to come this close. When he took the mask off, of which I didn't even knew about, my nostrils are attacked with the gross hospital smell. My face must of twitched funnily since the three of them chuckled lowly.
„I know, the smell is really annoying isn't it." he again says with a small wink my way. Not knowing what to say, I simply nod my reply as my head still feels pretty fuzzy.
„Can ya tell us what got ya that panicked bra?" Marco asks in curiosity while the other two men look at him as if they want to scold him for asking.
„Camera." I whisper and look right back at Hoppo. Not knowing how, but he seems to calm my nerves by simply being here and willing to offer all the comfort.
„You want me to call them and tell them to delete the footage of the day?" he softly asks. There also seems to be only understanding and willingness to do so in his whole demeanor. Yet again my brain starts to wonder off, however right away gets back to the here and now as Hoppos hand once again holds my cheek to make me look at him directly.
„Why don't I call them right away buddy? I am sure they understand as well." he softly says matter of factly. His other hand already grabbing for his phone, seemingly more than willing to do just that.
„Please." I mumble out nearly inaudible as he only smiles in understanding.
„Why don't you let go of your boss mate? Than he can make the call outside since there is hardly any service within those thick hospital walls." doc king asks as my body stiffens up alone by the mention of Hoppo leaving.
„Here, ya can just use the hospital phone." Marco says nonchalantly as he offers Hoppo said phone.
„It's ok buddy, deep breaths. See, there is nothing to be worried for." Hoppo soothingly says as he takes the offered phone, yet he doesn't move any further to help me calm down slightly. Allowing me to see that he in fact won't leave my side. He even waits for me to nod my head before he pushes in the phone number and starts the call to the camera crew. Hopefully they really don't care and delete the footage without any trouble.