21

Jesses pov:
After the time has come, where we were supposed to leave the hospital for the day. I can't help it and once again feel my anxiety growing. Suddenly absolutely worried to leave my sadly still unconscious baby sis all by herself.
„It's ok buddy, the whole staff is going to watch Alexandra for the night and we are going to come back first thing in the morning." hoppo softly says, As one of his hands automatically start to encouragingly caresses my back. Something that seems to have become second nature for him to do whenever he sees me tense up.
„Your dads right bra. The two of ya need to head on home and sleep in a real bed. I swear everyone here will look out for our sweetheart, so there is no need to worry." Marco adds just as soothingly, whereas hoppo keeps on whispering reassuring words to me. Sadly without any positive outcome, as I still am rather panicking.
„But what if she wakes up while we aren't here? She'd bee all alone. Or even worse! What if those damn paparazzis get in somehow?" I ask them the most prominent worries in my mind. This right away allows them to fully understand my slowly growing panicked state it seems. At least I guess since their faces right away change into pained understanding.
„Why don't I stay here, ay? Not as if I had anything planned anyway." Marco asks. Yet by the tone of voice alone, I already know that he will do just that no matter what I, or anyone may say. Hoppo at first seems shocked about Marco's generous offer, but than his facial expressions simply switches to utter relieve, that his daughter now will surely be kept safe throughout the night. I also feel completely thankful for my bras offer. I truly am! Yet I also can't help, but feel bad that he now will have to stay within the hospital throughout the whole night and that even though he already worked his shift here the whole day, and also has another one starting tomorrow morning again.
„Are ya sure? Ya don't have to." I ask guiltily. Knowing he will only do so because of my statements, Because of my panic and worry for my sweet baby sis wellbeing.
„certainly! No way am I leaving my sweetheart here alone! Not with those nosy bastards still lurking around outside. And other then the both of you, no one can make me leave." he states matter of factly. His face showing nothing but determination as he crosses his arms in front of his chest. Only confirming my suspicion that much more, that he indeed won't budge away from his made up mind.
„thank you Marco, seriously. You have no idea how much that means to the both of us." Hoppo softly thanks him, as some of his prior tension slowly leaves his body. Now there is nothing but utter relief shown on his face. This in turn also slowly allows me to stop my bad mouthing myself and instead fully appreciate my bra's offer. He after all is full on right with the fact that no one will be able to ask him to leave, since he in fact works here.
„No worries mate, anything for my tiny love." Marco replies. His eyes right away soften immensely, as his eyes fall onto our still unmoving baby sis.
„I won't let anything happen to her, I swear." he adds in utter seriousness. Which he wouldn't of had to say at all! Seeing that I have known that he would always keep her safe no matter what for years now. Therefore his promise wasn't necessary at all, at least in my eyes.
„Thank ya bra." I whisper after pulling him into a tight hug. Truly appreciating my bra for everything he ever did to help my sis and I. He always had our backs, just like we had and still have his. And even thought we may not be related by blood, he is our brother, no questions asked!
„Cheers mate." he simply says back after sighing heavily into our bro hug.
„Ya know I will always be here for the both of ya." he adds even quieter. Once again bringing tears to my eyes at the sheer honesty in his statement.
„Just the way we will always be here for ya bra." I answer him just as truthfully and quietly. His arms right away tighten around me, as we both seem to absolutely need this tight embrace right now. Each one of us soaking up the comfort that the other one of us is willing to give.
„Once family always family." I promise him before we slowly pull away from each other. His eyes filled to the brim with tears, just like my own are. Yet we simply smile at each other. More than Happy that we indeed still have each other to count on.
„Take him home mate, will ya? If anything should change or happen I give the both of ya a call, no need to worry." Marco instructs hoppo. Who in turn simply nods his head in agreement before he pulls me into his side. Alone this small show of affection is enough to help me relax even further. With the knowledge that Marco will keep our sis safe and my dad by my side, my breathing seems to finally even itself out without any trouble.
„Will do. Thanks again mate." he replies, after we once again said our goodbye and till later to my sleeping baby sis.
„Thanks bra." I softly say seconds before the door closes in between us.
„Ready to head on home buddy?" hoppos calm voice rolls over me like warm water as I simply nod my head in agreement. The emotional stress from the last few minutes finally catching up with me, as I suddenly feel utterly drained and tired.
„Come on then son." he says while beginning to lead me out of the hospital and back into the real world.