17

Jesses pov:
The first thing I felt was something soft under me and a very comfy pillow pressed against my chest. Slowly I start to think of how I got here since I can't remember even going home from work.
And just like lightning the events from yesterday all at once stream into my still sleep riddled brain. My eyes immediately wide open as I look around the foreign room I currently am in. Where am I? And how the hell did I even get here? My stomach feels in knots not only in confusion but more so from lack of food I did eat yesterday.
An incredibly inviting smell suddenly waves into the room as my stomach rumbles loudly. Definitely more than ready to get filled up by whatever smells this wonderful.
Carefully I get myself untangled from the thin blanket and sit up on the edge of the bed. My feet touching the cool wooden floor as I once again let my eyes wonder around the room. Something of it feels so homey that it only confuses me all the more, yet I can't seem to grasp why. A quiet rustling from behind the door gets my attention. Maybe I should go investigate what's going on. The last thing I can remember is Hoppo hugging me tightly after we had a heart to heart. So the most logic thing is that he must of taken me home after I fell asleep against him. This also explains why this whole room seems so homey and kind of familiar. I after all have been to his house quit a few times already. The fact that I have nothing on except my boxers doesn't really face me, I am a lifeguard after all. Which also means my work clothes are practical swim trunks. The shirt only there to help us get protected from the sun some more. I can see my small bag standing by the window, yet I decide on simply going out just as I am. With my decision made, I open the door and right away get embraced by the incredibly smell of something homemade. My nose keeps on leading the way to the kitchen, where low and behold Hoppo takes out some food that looks awfully a lot like lasagne. I wait till he set it to the side before I make myself known, not wanting him to let it fall or burn himself.
„Good morning." I say with my raspy morning voice. Hoppo instantly turns around, his whole face seems to brighten as he sees me.
„Good morning to you too buddy. I hope you slept well?" he asks and stir's me to an already set table.
„Slept like a baby if I am honest. Sorry for falling asleep on ya." I answer slightly ashamed of the fact. It's odd for an adult to fall asleep on your own boss. I mean, yes we came to the agreement that I can call him dad and he calls me son, still it's kind of odd.
„Don't be silly, ay. I was happy that you slept. It was a rather emotional stressful day, so no wonder you did." he reassures and kisses my forehead in passing. Right away calming my erratically beating heart down, as a wave of love and care flows through me.
„You up for some lasagne for breakfast bud? Deano has brought some over yesterday since he and Lillie figured we need something to eat." he explains as he already plates up said lasagne on two plates. The smell once again makes my stomach rumble in hunger.
„More than fine with me. It smells absolutely delicious." I voice my thoughts as he chuckles slightly while also nodding his head.
The both of us right away dug in as he set the plates down.
„I spoke with Prof. King before we left the hospital yesterday. He assured me that he was on the Night Shift and that he will keep a close eye on your sister. Also said he would call if something should change, which hasn't happened, so no worries." he tells me after we were nearly done with our food. The fact that he indeed talked with the doc to assure that my baby sis was taken care off makes me feel all kinds of happy and thankful for this special man that is my dad.
„Already spoke with Deano and Harries also, they are taking over my duty's for the next few days and they also assured me that they had your shifts covered already. So with that taken care off, nothing speaks against heading back to the hospital after we get ready. Does that sound alright for you buddy?" He further explains as my heart even more opens up for him. The care and thought he puts into everything to make my life that much easier for me is overwhelming. Especially since till now I never had anyone this willing to look out for me. All the more reason for me to embrace it with everything I have.
„That's amazing. Thank you so much dad." I thank him and instantly shut up in fear. What is he going to think now that I called him dad? Is he going to change his mind? Think of it too weird?
A familiar hand touches my stiff hand and squeezes it softly in reassurance as I breath out in relief that Hoppo indeed is fine with me calling him dad.
„No need to thank me, son." he says and squeezes my hand once again as he said son. I on the other hand can't believe how lucky I got that he accepted my sister and I calling him dad like that. Well, he not only accepts it, but even further has taken us in with a welcoming embrace.
„It's good that we talked about it. Was getting rather hard to hold myself back from openly calling you my son." Hoppo says as if it's the most normal thing to say as my heart jumps in joy that he has seen me as a son for longer. I kind of feared that he simply agreed to it because he pitied me, but that seems to truly not be the case.
„Tell me about it. At home you always were dad, or on the phone with my baby sis, even Marco has started to refer to you as my dad and then back at work it was back to Hoppo." I tell him as he chuckles along with me. It kind of is stupid that we haven't talked about it way sooner. Would of been so much easier for the both of us.
„Good thing from now on neither of us need to worry about it anymore, ay." he adds as I can't agree more with him. It's going to be way easier from now on. Even more so since I now know that he is honestly more than fine with me calling him my dad.
„Why don't we get ready for the day and then look how the smallest addiction to the family is doing." he says and I can't say how right this sounds. We now are a real family. Maybe not as big as others, but I know that this family is everything I ever wished for.