11

Hoppos pov:
Never in my whole life would I of thought that the girl was Jesses sister! How the hell was he able to hide her for that long? I mean, we all not only work down at the beach but also live near by and are down there even if we are off duty.
The memory of those familiar blue eyes boring into mine as we were treating her back at Bondi came to my mind, I guess I should of at least than picked up the familiarity. Maybe I didn't because of the stress we all were in then? Or I was too focused on Jesse? At the end of the day it doesn't matter. Because now my brave boy finally opened up and explained everything to me. His heart wrenching sobs where extremely hard to listen to. Yet I know that he needed to let go of all the hurt and the relief all at once. And I do feel rather proud that out of everyone he choose me to finally let loose. Still it broke a part in me to know how badly he thinks of himself. The sheer disbelief and open awh as I told him that I was proud of him is something I won't ever be able to forget. His whole body suddenly let loose and the only thing I could do to stop him from breaking down completely was hold him tightly as I hug him and kept on telling him praise after praise. It was kind of odd in a way, we after all never showed any kind of deeper feelings to each other. I know that I have viewed him as my son for quit some time now, so it was more than natural for me to step up and be there for him, but for him it must of come as quit a surprise.

As we step out of the examination room, the two doctors were still patiently waiting for us.
„Ready?" the older one questions as he smiles softly at the way Jesse is holding my hand.
„So since that's out of tha way, let's go see my princess!" Marco excitedly says as his eyes shine in joy while I am slightly confused. Are those two an item? I never would of guessed from their interaction back on the beach.
„Marco is kind of anotha brather for my baby sis. We pretty much grew up togetha." Jesse quietly explains as we enter the elevator. Well, guess that makes more sense then.
„Ya mean our baby sis." Marco states matter of factly. Daring Jesse to disagree while I only  chuckle at their obvious bickering. It's good to see him for once act like himself again after he has been completely stressed and panicked throughout the day.
„Before we go in to Alexandra's room, just try to not panic." the older doctor says as he worriedly looks at Jesse before he goes on with his explanation.
„Yes it does look bad, but we simply let her stay intubated and in a medicated coma until the swelling in her throat goes back. The infusions also are simply water and nutrients to help her body heal itself. So no reason to get all worked up, alright?" he explains, still waiting till we take in everything before allowing us to enter into the hospital room.
„Ok. Ya guys plan on giving her some immunoglobulins or cortison?" Jesse asks as his hold on my hand tightens slightly. Not wanting to say anything about it, yet show my support, I simply lay my free hand on top of his shoulder and squeeze it softly. Making sure he understands that no matter what, he won't have to go through it alone since I am more than ready to stay by his side and be here for him and his sister. The stiffness slightly lessens as he exhales deeply as Marco nods at me in appreciation. He seemingly understood my silent show of comfort to my boy.
„We indeed plan to do that within the next few days. Today we decided to simply watch how stable her condition is and do some further testing." the doctor answers. His eyes showing his worry for jesses reaction, yet my boy only nods in understanding. Taking this information like a champ.
„Can I see her now?" he hopefully asks as the door right away gets opened as the two doctors let us enter before themselves. Jesse without hesitation pulls me along to his sisters right side as he softly intertwines their hands together.
„Is she able to hear us? Or is in any pain?" he asks with slight worry that she might indeed feel any pain. Alone at that mention, I also look towards the two of them, hoping that the sweet girl was peacefully sleeping while her body heals and not go through any more pain.
„I promise she feels absolutely no pain whatsoever." Marco right away reply's in complete seriousness. Seemingly knowing that Jesse needed to hear it without any hesitation or any of that.
„We sadly can't tell you if she hears us or not. Some study's say it's possible, others say the opposite. I however am a firm believer that it's always helpful when they hear familiar voices." the other doc tells him as we all nod along. At the end of the day it certainly won't harm anyone to be surrounded by people that care.
„I am afraid we need to go back to duty now, just call for anyone of us or the nurse if you should need anything." he adds after he looks at his clock with guilt that he can't stay any longer.
„You keep on looking after him, will ya?" Marco questions as his eyes bore into mine. Seemingly trying to figure me out, yet I know for a fact that he must of seen how much I really care for jesses wellbeing.
„Don't worry. I won't leave his side." I simply state as the both of them sigh in relief while Jesse yet again pouts slightly.
Since I know how much he hates to be talked about while having to hear himself what's said, I encouragingly squeeze his hand that still has a rather firm hold on mine. After all I don't want him to think we don't care or trust him. It's quit the opposite, his friends simply mean to make sure I was watching him for them in fear of him. And alone with the knowledge what had happened as I parked the car in the parking garage, it's all the more understandable that we all still are worried for Jesses health.
His long exhale surprised me as he turns towards me shyly.
„Are ya sure ya want to stay with us? I would understand if ya have something more important to do." he whispers quietly while once again biting his bottom lip in uncertainty. I do try to hold a neutral facial expression as I directly stare into his eyes. It's obvious that he is worried about me leaving, yet he try's rather hard to hide that fact.
„More than sure buddy. I am not going to leave your side, like I said earlier, you and your sister are now stuck with me." I matter of factly state as he immediately throws his arms around my neck as he hugs himself tightly into me. His face hidden against my neck so I can't see the tears that I however feel against my skin.
„Why don't you tell me something about your sister? I am sure you have some funny stories off the two of you." I ask, hoping that way he will calm down and relax further. The small chuckle also only confirms my theory, so I stay quiet for a minute longer before Jesse started to talk about all the funny adventures Alex and him have had. His whole demeanor completely transforms to the complete goof i know so well by now, as my heart warms yet again for this special young man.