25

Jesse's pov:
The closer dad and I got to the hospital the more nervous I once again get. Not only because I don't know what exactly we will walk into when we get there, but also in uncertainty of what the security guys might think of the food and drinks we brought along. Maybe they think that's weird, maybe even as intrusive. Yet I just feel the utter need to show them how much I truly appreciate all their hard work and effort they put into their guarding! They after all are the very reason my baby sis is perfectly safe within the hospital walls. God knows that without them, those nosy bastards would of found a way to get to her.
„Don't worry so much son. Everything will be just fine. And I am certain the guys will be very appreciative of your sweet gesture." hoppo encouragingly says, as he pats my arm in true dad fashion. Like always he is fully in tune with my emotions it seems.
„I just don't want to seem weird." I whisper in slight shame. Fully knowing that most people always viewed me as a nuisance and over all as a stupid bra boy. Dads large warm hand softly squeezes mine in a silent encouragement.
„Don't always think so negatively about yourself bud. You are way better than you give yourself credit for." he softly says with sad eyes.
„Just because some idiots can't see your true colors, doesn't mean that they are right with what they assume." he goes on as my heart beats way faster with the intensity his eyes bore into mine. His whole being nearly screaming at me with just how honestly he indeed means every word.
„You are an amazing young man that cares so very much about everyone and anything. Which is even further proven right now, with your sweet gesture towards those security guards. Or do you really think anyone else ever even thought to bring them something in show of their appreciation?" he adds as my eyes yet again burn with tears. His words slowly boring itself into my head and even more important, my heart. Trusting that my dad is only telling me the truth. After all, I know that he not once ever lied to anyone on our team. So he surely won't lie to me now either. After a few deep breaths, my breathing slowly gets back to normal, as the few tears that have escaped my eyes have dried down as well.
„Ready to go in?" hoppo quietly asks as he still holds me tightly against his comforting chest. Making me feel all safe and sound. Strange how such a small gesture has such an enormous impact on me.
„Yeah." I sigh. Slowly scooting back from hoppo who simply smiles at me in quite encouragingly. After we both get out of the car, we each grab a few cartons filled to the top with all the goodies inside and slowly start our walk to the back entrance yet again. The moment we come into their viewing point, they greet us warmly. Something that's a complete difference to our first run in. By now they however already knowing who we are. They also seem slightly confused on what the heck we are carrying, yet they simply shrug it off as to not being their business i guess.
„You guys need a hand?" Chris, the huge and guard that has been talking to us since we first tried to enter, questions with a small smile. Surely thinking those are things for the hospital staff, or maybe simply some trinkets for my sweethearts room.
„That would be quite nice. Those are for all of ya. So if ya would be willing to hand them out to your colleagues that would be sweet." I answer him and right away see the utter shock on his face. Guess Dad was indeed right with how they usually wouldn't get anything for doing their job. Once again making me feel slightly antsy for acting unreasonable, but the soft smile from dad quickly calms me back down again.
„I hope that's alright with ya? Just meant to show ya all my gratitude." I add quietly since he still hasn't reacted to my prior announcement. His other colleagues also seem surprised, yet I can already see some of them smiling appreciatively at dad and I.
„WOW, thanks mate." Chris finally reply's with a mega watt smile plastered on his face. His eyes shining softly as he looks me straight in the eyes.
„That really is rather sweet of you. So truly, thank you." he adds. Seemingly trying to make me believe him, that he indeed means what he says. Warming my heart quite a bit to know that they are happy that dad and I went to treat them for all their hard work.
„Half of the coffees are with oat milk, just to make sure everyone can indeed enjoy their cappuccinos." dad swiftly explains as he hands his load off to another guard that right away brightens at hearing that bit of information.
With a shy smile, I offer my own cartons to Chris, who also takes them with nothing but  gratitude in his eyes.
„I hope you know that you didn't have to do that Jesse." he whispers softly so only I could hear him. My cheeks instantly redden traitorously. Like always showing my feelings more openly then I would like to admit, but nothing I could do about that I guess.
„I know." I whisper back.
„But I just wanted to show you how truly thankful I am for all of your hard work. In my eyes it after all is the least I can do. Especially since ya not only keep my baby sis save, but also try to make everything as easy and comfortable for us as possible. Therefore I should be the one thanking you, which I hope I could at least show you a bit with this." I further explain as his whole face softens even further.
His by now free hands slowly take one of mine in his, to squeeze them in another show of appreciation.
„It's our pleasure to keep your sister safe and help you guys out the best we can." he says, while I can't seem to rip my eyes off of the way his big hands hold mine in his. Somehow it feels right, which is more than strange for me. I after all am not too into body contact with anyone. Except my sis and dad of course!
„Jesse? You ready to get to your sister? I am sure pascal would like some breakfast too." dads voice slowly bores through the fog in my brain as I once again blush bright red in embarrassment.
„Yeah, sorry." I whisper and carefully pull my hand back out of Chris's.
„I'll see you later then. And once again, thanks for the treat." Chris says. His eyes still fully focused on mine which certainly doesn't help my blush at all.
„Till later." I reply quietly, before I hurry towards dads side who only smiles softly at me. When we reach the door of my sis room, my belly makes a sudden twist in anticipation.
„It's ok bud, let's just get in there and find out how my sweet darling is doing today." dad encourages as I can't do anything but nod my agreement before opening the door.