18

Jesses pov:
After a short car drive Hoppo and I arrive at the hospital where my sweet baby sis is staying at. What I definitely did not expect was paparazzis hoarding the hospital entry as security guards try holding them off from entering. Hoppo also seems shocked and even more put off that someone would actually do that. Still I am rather certain that he has no idea that those hyenas are there because of my sweet cheeks. With that in mind I hold him back from even exiting the car door. Not wanting them to pay us any attention. Maybe then I can talk with Marco or doc King what we should do.
„Wait a second." I tell him as he looks at me irritated, while I fish out my cellphone. Just in that Moment said phone starts to ring already with the hospitals phone number on display, guess those two already know what's going on out front then.
„Hey, I was just about to call ya. There is a mob of paparazzis standing by the entry." I say right away as I answer, right away I can hear cursing through the phone. Definitely Marco, doc king would never curse this openly. At least I never heard him do so.
„Damn it! Alright, ya still remember where the delivery entry is bra?" he asks me after some more colorful words were said. Hoppos face twitches in slight amusement, yet right away gets serious as he started to ask for a hidden entrance. Seemingly already figuring out that those paparazzis are indeed here for Alex.
„Course. But I reckon they won't let us enter there, not when they all are already on high alert." I reply with a frown forming on my forehead. The fact they figured out that quickly where my baby sis is, definitely bothers me immensely. Even more so since they might be even able to get to her while she is still unconscious and therefore absolutely defenseless. Worry already starts to turn to panic as just like yesterday my vision gets fuzzy. That however was when Hoppo pulls me into a tight hug, once again promising that everything will turn out alright and that he won't leave my side. Therefore stopping my spiraling before it fully starts. He even further reminds me that he won't let anyone or anything hurt my darling nor me, no matter what.
„That's correct, but I am meeting ya guys there, so just head on over there. Am already on my way as we speak." Marco, oblivious of my inner panic explains. Thankfully Hoppo also heard his directions, since he without hesitation takes my hand in his squeezes it and then gets out of the car as I follow him slightly slower. Still not able to function fully, but at least enough to follow his lead. He doesn't seem to mind though as he simply rounds the car and pulls me into another tight and comforting embrace.
„Lets go meet Marco so we can go and visit my daughter. What do you say buddy?" he questions me softly. Instantly nodding my head in agreement. Definitely wanting to see how my baby sis is doing! Now even more so as I don't know if she is safe or not. Obviously I know that the hospital stuff does it's best, but those bastards are sneaky! Way too sneaky for my taste...
Without any further words exchanged, we start our short walk to the delivery entry, where I can already see four security guards as we round the corner. Seemingly more than alerted as they watch the area with stoic expressions. One of the bigger ones glares our way the second he sees us. Instantly looking us up and down in calculation. A sneer more than visible as he stops us in our track, obviously thinking we are one of those paparazzis. Which fair enough, I definitely think they would indeed do just that.
„That's no entry, so move on." he growls out rather angry with us, even before we can say who we are and more importantly who we agreed to meet here. But as stupid as it may sound, this only comforts my nerves that they all take this situation more than serious.
„We know that, but Dr. Plein asked us to meet him here so we don't get seen by the paparazzis." Hoppo states matter of factly as he slightly pulls me behind himself to shield me from the very pissed off security guy. This alone warms my heart at the realization that he try's to protect me. Shows me even further how unbelievably caring he is.
„Sure thing! Just bad for you that I am not falling for any of those stupid tricks or excuses!" the guy states as he folds his arms in front of his chest. His whole demeanor only confirming that fact also.
„Listen man, we don't want to cause any trouble. Marco said he would come round here to pick us up in a minute, so just let us wait and then you can see for yourself that we indeed are telling you the truth." Hoppo reasons with the guy just as the door behind all of them gets pushed open by Marco himself. He always was the type to make a dramatic entrance.
„Hey guys, sorry I got held back a bit. Ya ready to see our baby sis again?" he asks, completely ignoring the security guys who still eye us with their judgmental eyes.
„You know them doctor? We after all have strict orders to not let anyone in no matter what." the guy who has stopped us questions Marco still rather stern. It seems that Marco only then realized the situation we are currently in as he looks from hoppo and I towards the guards that seem seconds away from attacking us if I am honest.
„I know them alright. They are more then welcome to come on in. Prof King and I were the ones starting the lockdown so to say. We also asked the two of them to enter through this specific doors here to not get any more media attention." he explains. Daring the guard to disagree with him. One of his eye brown already lift up in the air in a quiet challenge. Knowing him long enough though, I know that means that he is pretty upset and not far from going off on them himself.
„Alright then, but I better not hear any complaints." he says after staring hoppo and I down a minute longer before he steps to the side to let us through.
As we start to head on in, I decide to turn around once again. Those guys after all only make their job and I am rather thankful for their lack of bullshiting.
„I know you guys may not believe me, but I really do appreciate ya guys being this strict. It's your duty to keep unwanted people out of here, for safe keeping reasons, so thank ya." I tell them honestly. Hoping they do realize as well that I mean it, and not as to mock them. To my shock, the seconds ago pissed off guard, suddenly smiles at me, seemingly believing my sincere thanks.
„Course, that's our job. Sorry if I came on too much. But as you said yourself, it's my duty to keep those bastards out and believe it or not, some already tried to come in through here." he reply's as I nod my understanding. Like I said those are sneaky a**holes.
„Come on bra, king wants to talk to ya too." Marco calls out as I nod once again in a good bye, before following after him and Hoppo, who surprisingly stands right behind me.