24

Hoppos pov:
When I wake up from the blaring sun, that directly shines onto my face, I at first feel rather confused on why I still am laying on the couch instead of my very comfy bed. That confusion however quickly changes as I remember how Jesse fell asleep against me on said couch in the middle of watching our movie yesterday evening. Since I didnt want to risk waking him, I decided to instead simply pull the throw blanket over our bodies, before I let sleep fall over me as well.
Guess the morning sun also slowly wakes up my son as he grumbles slightly. Sounding and looking extremely cute and nothing like the bad boy he mimicked as he first introduced himself to me. Thinking about how far he already has come and how much more open he has gotten, especially around me, only makes me appreciate him all the more. His nose crinkles slightly before his stunning blue eyes open up. The second he sees that he still is cuddled tightly against me, he blushes slightly. Yet his wide smile never leaves his lips.
„Good morning buddy." I softly say. Hoping the non gallantry of my words will help him relax and feel less embarrassed, which it seemingly did right away.
„Good morning dad." he reply's softly.
„Sorry for falling asleep against you." he adds with slightly guilty eyes as I only shrug my shoulders. Not at all caring that he did. The couch thankfully is a very comfy one so my back isn't complaining either, which I am thankful for.
„Don't be silly son. There is nothing you need to be sorry for." I say and watch as he instantly perks up that I indeed had no problem with it.
„How about we get ourselves ready and head on to the bakery? We can eat our breakfast there, before taking our order along with us to the hospital. Might as well grab something for Marco too while we are there." I simply say as Jesse right away jumps into action. Seemingly more than ready to get to said bakery and even more back to his baby sister. A chuckle escapes me as I watch my son hurry towards his room to get himself ready to leave. Just as I think that I stop in my tracks. Did I really just think of this as his room? To be honest I am slightly flabbergasted at this revelation, but than I can't help but feel happy about it. Happy that I not only have a son now, but also that we both instinctively act like a true family with one another. It also is good that said room finally got a real purpose. I after all am more than happy that my boy now has a permanent place within my own home. In my heart he after all had already one for ages!
With that in mind, I also walk towards my room to also get ready for whatever this day might bring. Maybe today is the day I actually get to meet my daughter.
This thought alone makes me hurry through my morning shower and routine before I head on out to see Jesse already waiting for me on the couch.
„Let's get going." I softly say. Smiling wider at the fact that his hair is still wet from his own hurried shower. Guess we both had the same thought in mind.
The drive towards the bakery was once again made in silence, only the radio is playing in the background. Filling the calm atmosphere within the car.
„Do ya think they will wake her today?" my boy whispers his question. His hands nervously playing with each other while he bites his lip in uncertainty. Thankfully I was already parking the car, otherwise I still would of simply stopped the car. After all hating to see my sweet Jesse this nervous and uncertain. Without any thought I lay my hand on his, before turning his face with my other one to make him look towards me.
„I don't know buddy." I answer honestly. Not at all wanting to give him too much hope, only to get shattered later on.
„But I am certain we will find that out as soon as we get to the hospital. Marco or doc. King will surely update us." I further explain. Watching sadly as his eyes fill with tears once again. The love for his cute little baby sister so blatantly open for show, that it nearly steals my breath away.
„Hey, whatever they decide to do, they will do whatever is best and most importantly safest for my princess. An no matter what, or how long it takes for her to wake up, we will stay right by her side." I encourage him as my heart breaks seeing his tears roll down his cheeks. Slowly he nods his head in a silent reply. Thankfully agreeing with my earlier statements. Who cares if our tiniest family member needs some more time to wake up again, as long as she in the end WILL wake up! That's the most important thing! And I will be damned if I give her OR my sweet Jesse the feeling that they have to do this on their own.
„You are right." he whispers after we hugged for a few more minutes. Which I am more than fine with, after all I want to comfort him in any way possible.
„The most important thing is that her body heals enough to come back to us." he adds slightly stronger as he wipes the rest of his tears off his face. Not really knowing what I should reply to this, I simply lean forward and kiss his forehead tenderly. Hoping it shows him how truly proud I am of him and how strong he really is.
„Come on, let's get something to eat and also our order and then we can go and visit our missing piece." The encouragement was hopefully enough to further help calm my boy down. I after all hate to see him this hurt and worried.