15

Hoppos pov:
Alone the shy way my sweet Jesse asks if he can stay with me for the night, makes me so unbelievably happy. Even more so since he more or less showed with that small question , that he prefers staying with me over staying with his best friend slash brother. The feeling of proudness overcomes me that he feels this safe and comfortable with me.
„Sure! You and ya dad definitely need one another right about now." Marco says without a care of what he just said. While my heart stops for a second before it starts to beat a mile a minute! Did he really just refer to me as jesses dad? Does that mean Jesse sees me as such? If so, why didn't he ever say anything. That thought however right away changes to understanding, I after all also never said that I see him as my son either. Marco still with a happy smile plastered on his lips, walks towards us and tightly hugs Jesse. Only confirming how close those two indeed are. After all Jesse never was someone for physical touch. Not if he doesn't fully trust someone. With that in mind, my smile widens even further as I can't help myself but look lovingly at my boy, only now realizing how much he truly seems to trust me. I can't even find words to describe how amazing this realization makes me feel.
„Text me if ya need me bra." Marco soothingly whispers into their hug, before he tenderly kisses Jesses forehead. To my utter surprise he then pats my shoulder in passing and even winks my way. Guess he let his prior statement slip on purpose, as well as agreeing with jesses choice. My heart melts even further for my boy. After the door has once again fallen shut behind Marcos retrieving form, I right away turn my full attention on Jesse, who tries his very best to not look at me. Still I keep my eyes trained on him, while also staying quit. Wanting him to have enough time to think of his next move. If he still doesn't want to talk about it, then I obviously won't pressure him either!
Just as I thought he won't say anything, Jesse started to explain how his sister and him started with my nickname. To be fully honest, it makes my heart swell in pride and even more love for this special boy and his surely as amazing sister. A sister I don't even know! Yet care already so unbelievably much for. She seems to be a female version of Jesse from what he had told me about her till now and I surely can't wait for her to finally wake up and get to know her.
After I told him that I want the both of them to keep on calling me dad he seems flabbergasted. Yet the utmost joy was clearly to see in his soft blue orbs. Not knowing what else to do, I once again pull him into a tight embrace. Hoping this way I can further show him how serious I am about the fact that I want them as my children. The way his body has shuddered, as I for the very first time called him my son, had me awestruck. It just confirmed even more how starved of love and care he truly must be. And even further how he must of grew up without that type of affection. Knowing him long enough though, I also know for a fact that he did everything he could, to make his sisters childhood that much better. What he however wasn't able to give her were real parents. This alone makes me really sad, yet happy that I at least can shower the both of them with love from now on. I might of tried my best to already be a good dad for Jesse till now, but it's hard to do so if you don't know if he wants it or not. So with the knowledge I gathered today, I can full on pamper them and be a protective and loving dad from now on.
Not able to hold myself off from doing it, I tenderly kiss Jesses forehead. The reaction was instant as he curls his fingers even tighter into my shirt while his body relaxes further against me. Seemingly enjoying this show of affection and closeness between us, just as much as I myself am. The only thing missing now, is for my darling to wake up and hopefully be ok.
„Should we head on home now buddy? We can stop somewhere on the way to grab something to eat?" I softly ask him. Since I didn't get an answer thought, I smile even brighter at my sweet boy who must of fallen asleep against my body. Not wanting to wake him, I lean slightly forward to take my daughters hand in mine and even lifting it to my mouth to kiss it softly.
„I am going to take your brother home for the day sweetheart. Don't worry thought, we will be back first thing in the morning." I softly tell her. Not at all wanting to leave her, but I also know that the night nurse will ask us to leave in a bit. So this way I can at least say my goodbyes and good night to my tiny princess.
„Take care and sleep tight sweety. Maybe we can finally meet each other properly in the morning, ay?" I keep on whispering before I once again kiss her hand lovingly. A heavy sigh leaves my lips in uncertainty if it's really safe to leave her here alone. Maybe I can find a doctor or a nurse on the way out?
„Jesse really loves and misses you, just like I myself do. So please wake up soon princess." I once more say and just for the hell of it kiss her hand again before I carefully lift Jesse in my arms to carry him safely against my body.
„Till tomorrow sweetheart." I quietly say seconds before I close the door quietly.
As I turn around I right away come face to face with the older doctor from earlier. Still not knowing his name, yet I definitely appreciate how caring he has been towards Jesse and Alexandra.
„I was just on my way to ask you guys to leave." he softly says. Seemingly not wanting to wake Jesse either.
„I figured, still didn't make it any easier to leave her all alone." I reply with another sigh. Still far from happy that we indeed need to leave her here. The understanding eyes kind of calm me, but still not enough to feel better.
„I have the Night Shift tonight, so I can assure you that I will keep my eyes on her like a hawk. So please try to at least get some sleep, it won't do either one of you any good if you stay up worrying the whole night. And I can also promise you that I will call you if there should be any change in her conditions." the doctor soothingly explain and this in fact lets me breath easier. He is right, I need to sleep to keep on looking out for the two of them to my best abilities. It also means a lot to me that he will not only look out for my princess, but also call me if something changes. So after exchanging names and numbers with prof. King, I leave the hospital with Jesse still fast asleep and safe in my arms.