4

Hoppos pov:
The second Jesse takes the needle in his hand, still packed up and all, my heart stops for a second. Slowly understanding why he was this uncertain on if he really should be doing it.
„Stephen, ya know the drill correct?" he asks the guy that has been helping us from the very get go.
„Correct." he reply's. Also sounding not too sure, of if he really wants to stay here with us when he goes on further with helping Alexandra.
„Yak, I need ya to help me. Take a seat opposite of me." Jesse further goes on with a plan that seems to be completely embedded in his brain.
„I need to desinfect the area around her PAC." he says as he sprays a lot of the desinfect on her upper chest, where only now I see a scar.
„Ok, Yak, I am sure ya know the drill. I am going to sterilize my hands and than I need ya to do the same before ya hand everything towards me, without touching anything else to keep the area as sterile as possible." Jesse says as we all agree to follow along.
„Gloves are on, sterilizing the area yet again." he says as Harries once again sprays the desinfect on the chest before Yak takes out the package that Jesse told him to open up before he takes out a few of the Cotten pats. He rubs her chest to further proof that the area is sterile before he once again nods to himself.
„How far out are they?" he asks towards me since I have the walki talki laying next to me.
„How far out are you guys?" I ask the question through in the hope that they tell me only seconds away.
„Two more minutes, how is the status with ya mate?" the same voice as prior questions.
„Jesse is currently preparing the chest. Maybe it would be helpful to hear how to further go on." I say as Jesse also nods that he definitely would appreciate some assistance. Even if it was just through the walki talki. It's still better than nothing. To be honest, I am more than happy that at least Yak is here. He after all is a part time paramedic! So at least he must know what to do and what all of this means!
„Alright. The needle is the correct length, so no worry's on that bra. Before ya open the package though, it's important that ya try and localize the PAC and only afterwards ya start preparing the needle." the guy explains as Jesse simply nods along and fumbles to find said thing near the scar.
„You are doing so incredibly good Alexandra. Definitely a very strong and brave girl." I further try to keep reassuring the girl to the best of my ability. It after all must be extremely frightening to not be able to move while others work on you.
„Ok, I got it. Yak, ya need to open the package with the needle in it an then fill it with the water within the also packaged siring." Jesse says as the guy also agrees with his explanation. He even further on soothes Jesse as he tells him that he is doing great and that he trained for so long that he surely knows how to do it correctly.
„Alright, the fluid is in the tube and the needle all together. What's next." Harries says after Yak did as he got told to do.
„Now ya hand me the needle and wait for further instructions." Jesse States as he takes a few more deep breaths.
„Ya can do this bra. We trained this, ya got that!" the guy keeps on reassuring him. Yet I see Jesse shaking in fear as he holds the needle with sheer panic rolling off of him.
„Jesse, I believe in you. Just trust yourself like we all do." I tell him. Right away his eyes find mine as they shine in worry if he truly can do this without further worsening the girls condition.
„Hey, it's going to be perfectly fine. You can do this. Look at how far you already got us. Without you we surely would of done something wrong with Alexandras treatment. So just go on, because no one of us can. And I have complete trust in you that you can do this." I softly say and squeeze his shoulder to show him my support even more.
„Ok." he whispers with a bit more certainty that he can in fact do this.
„Here comes the sting." he warns as he without any other wait, pushes the needle into the chest and hopefully into this thing they were talking about.
„Alright, I think I got it in the PAC. Trying to flush it." he mumbles as he holds his breath in worry yet again.
„Seems to work, drawing blood also is a go." he sighs. Seemingly knowing that he indeed did it.
„I need some adhesive to plaster it in place." he says and right away gets handed a big one by harries.
„You still with us sweetheart?" I question Alexandra as she opens her eyes to look at me in reply.
„That's good. Just hang in there a bit longer and then everything will turn out just fine." I softly say as she blinks her eyes as if agreeing with my statement.
„Good work bra! Gonna be with ya in no time." the guy says and just to further proof his sentence, the chopper comes round and heads straight towards us. When the door opens and a guy gets lowered down, we all sigh in utter relief.
„Ok, keep the patient covered up." Jesse orders as we all right away lean our body over her to shield her from the heavily flying sand corns.
„Alright, ya did great bra!" the guy I suspect to be Marco says as he nods towards Jesse and then softly takes Alexandras hand in his.
„Gonna make ya feel a lot better love." he promises before he pulls open the huge backpack to get to whatever he deemed necessary.
„Ya gave her two rounds of adrenaline? Correct?" he asks and we all quickly nod to his assumption.
„Right, I give her another heavier dose of it. If ya feel like falling asleep, just do so love." he explains while already getting the syringe ready.
„Ya know, if there is some light or anything along those lines, run the other way. Alright?" Jesse whispers against Alexandra's head. Proofing yet again that the two of them are extremely close to say the least.
„Getting in." Marco says as he injects the adrenaline as her breathing all of a sudden stops.
„F**k! She stopped breathing." Jesse shouts frantically.
„No heartbeat either." Harries adds just as worried as we all are.
„Starting compressions." Marco says as I push the button on the defi to make it start working.

„Stop compressions, analyzing rhythm, no rhythm found, continue compressions."

The defi says making my body go ice cold in utter fear that we in fact will loose the girl. Jesse only is able to watch us as we desperately work on her, tears constantly streaming down his face.

„Stop compressions, analyzing rhythm,......