10

Jesses pov:
I watched with my bottom lip in between my teeth and slight worry as Hoppo simply smiles in reassurance as he waits for someone to pick up the phone.
„Hey Tristan mate, how are you?" hoppo asks while still sounding all calm, helping me to also stay that way. Well, at least as calm as this day allows.
„Na, we currently are still in an examination room, we had a bit of a situation at our hands. Anyway, I am calling to ask you guys to please delete the footage of the day or at least the whole situation down at back packers." Hoppo simply states as if it's the most normal thing for him to call the crew to ask them to delete certain things. At least his relaxed features and even tone make me think that.
„Cheers mate! That's really good to hear. I am afraid I got to go now, but I am making sure to keep you along with the boys posted, ay." the thankful and happy smile makes me breath even easier. Knowing that they indeed were fine to delete the dramatic event that includes my baby sis.
„Tristan and the crew stopped recording as soon as it was obvious that someone from the team personally was involved. He also deleted the start from the incident since it's nobody's business to begin with." Hoppo explains as a ton seems to lift itself from my chest. The appreciation for my team along the camera crew yet again increases even further.
„He also told me that we should get in touch with them if they can help in any way shape or form. As well as asked me to keep them posted since they all are worried about you also." he further on tells us as my heart went out to all of those amazing people that found their way into my life simply because I became a lifeguard.
„That's quit nice of them." doc king says with a relieved smile that my chosen family indeed stands so firmly behind me and are full of support.
„How bout we go and visit Alex now bra?" Marco asks and claps his hands together to get us all pumped. Yet i can see how happy and relieved he as well is that my team not only agreed to do so, but did so even before needing to be asked.
„I need to tell ya something before we go to her." I softly say in slight uncertainty. Yet I always knew that I can trust Hoppo and after this emotional roller coaster, I know for a fact that he deserves to know about my baby sis! He earned the right! If not in the years till now, than on this day alone.
„We will wait out front ay." Doc king says and pats my shoulder in a silent way of encouragement as Marco simply nods my way before the both of them close the door behind themselves.
Seeing Hoppos confused and caring eyes on me, I take a few deep breaths before I nod slowly. Encourage myself that this is the right thing to do, as I also try to find the courage to finally open up about my most kept secret.
„There is something that I kept a secret for nearly my whole life. Someone to be specific." I slowly start to say while Hoppo stays quiet.
Simply taking in whatever I am going to tell him.
„As ya know, my upbringing wasn't the best to say the least. What however only four other people know about, is that I have a younger sister." the light bulb in Hoppos mind immediately seems to go on at that very moment. Realisation of who exactly we had to safe today.
„I have been thinking of letting ya know for quit some time now, but with her being on tour it always seemed as if the time wasn't right." I simply go on as Hoppo stays quiet to let me get everything off my mind I guess.
„Since our parents." I seeth slightly. Never a fan of calling those a**holes our parents.
„Never cared for either of us. I was the one left to raise not only her, but myself as well. People might think it wasn't the best environment with me being a bra boy earlier on, but if ya believe it or not, most of the guys helped me take care of my baby sis. They understood from where we were coming from since most of them had a similar upbringing. Kobi and later on Marco especially helped taking care of Alex. Still legals started to threatened to take her away from me if I don't turn my life around." I further explain, as one of Hoppos hands starts to caress my back in comfort as my stress level heightens from the memory of fearing to loose my baby sis to child's service.
„So I did. I looked for a job that would provide enough for her and I to live decently. What I wasn't anticipating, was that I would find a new family in the service. A family that honestly cares for me and my troubles. So I started to think of how I could introduce my baby girl to said family." I explain. Still not understanding how I got lucky enough to find people who truly care. That fact yet again got confirmed by what the film crew did for me today.
„When I however felt safe enough to open up to the team, my baby girl got a chance of following her dream and becoming a singer. So obviously I encouraged her to try her luck, and low and behold she surely hit it off. But with that, another problem surfaced, and that's the fact that she now is a well known celebrity. A very loved star that might loose everything simply because she is connected to me. Which once again stoped me from coming out to all of you." I whisper shameful that I till now hid her and also may be the reason her career will end simply because most people don't agree with my past behavior. They only think the worst when they hear you once were a bra boy. The whole gang has a bad reputation even thought most of them only want to surf and don't cause any trouble. My eyes right away fill with tears in shame for not being good enough for my baby sis, for not being what she deserves!
„Buddy, don't say stuff like that. And even less think that way about yourself. How comes you don't see the amazing young man that you are today? Why are you always so willing to think you are a liability or something along those lines?" Hoppo questions with hurt and sadness as he softly wipes my tears off of my face.
„You are an amazing guy! A very talented and hard working lifeguard that has saved hundreds of peoples life in the last few years. Maybe people think your past self wasn't good, but you sure as hell did everything you could!" he strictly tells me. Determined to make me believe him once and for all.
„Instead of running off without a care like many others would of done in your situation, you brought an even younger sister with you that you took care of. Whoever talks shit about your past better be thinking how responsible you have been even when you were that young to do that. You even left the brotherhood which was the only thing you knew to ensure the safety off your sister. Someone who can't see that, isn't worth getting heard." the sincerity in his words only bring forth more tears in my eyes, as my heart bursts with joy that someone I consider to be a fatherly figure, says such nice things about me.
„And for all it's worth, I am extremely proud of you Buddy!" Hoppo honestly says. That statement alone floors me with the immense impact that has on me. I always worked extremely hard for someone to be proud of me. For someone to see that I am worth something and that I am more than enough. My body starts to tremble as choked up sobs shake my whole being. Hoppo is proud of me! And I can't even begin to say or explain how that makes me feel.
„I know buddy, just let it out." he whispers as he tightly hugs me against his comforting chest. The constant reassurance and repeating praises fill up my whole being with warmness. Still not able to believe, that the man my sis and I have been calling dad behind everyones back, indeed is proud of me.
„It's ok, I am not going to leave you bud." he promises as my fingers yet again tightened against his chest. His fingers softly keep brushing through my hair like no one has ever done for me. No one ever even hugged and reassured me like this. Not like Hoppo has done throughout the whole day! The way he still does!
„You are such an amazing person Jesse. Don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise! And I promise I am going to be always here to tell you over and over again. Your sister and you are now stuck with me. No one will ever hurt the two of you ever again. Not on my watch!" he promises sincerely as I can't do anything other then soak up the feeling of endearment and might I say love?
„You are safe with me." Hoppo whispers as if to ensure himself just as much as me.
When I finally got a grip on myself and stopped crying, I scoot back and look in his eyes again. Eyes that promise nothing other than comfort and understanding.
„Would ya like to meet my baby sis?" I ask softly. Wanting him to finally meet said baby sis of mine, even if it's while she still isn't conscious.
„I would absolutely love to meet her." the honesty clear to hear and to see in his eyes. So with a shy smile I carefully pry my fingers off of him and slowly scoot off his lap before reaching a hand out towards him. At first I thought he might find it weird, or at least decide not to take it, but Hoppo only smiles warmly and takes my offered hand like there is nothing strange about it at all.
„Lets go and look how your sister is doing, ay?" he says with a smile as I nod my head in agreement. Happy to see my baby girl and for finally being able to introduce Hoppo to her all at once.