16

Hoppos pov:
As I parked my car in front of my house I am relieved to see Jesse still fast asleep. Well, hopefully I can get him in the house and into bed also without waking him. He after all needs his sleep. Especially after this stressful day he had.
Picking him back up was surprisingly rather easy, the really tricky part however was closing the car door without making too much noise.
After I also was able to in fact conquer that as well, I finally make my way towards my front door. Strangely enough I can't see any bag Maxi should have brought over, but maybe he tried to hide it somewhere. That boy often has some strange ideas, but he always means well so I can't seem to be mad at him no matter what. Well, at least not for too long. Guess I will have to get out and search for it after getting my boy in bed. A wide smile automatically forms on my lips at that thought alone. My boy! Gosh, I have no idea for how long I have thought of him as such and now, I finally can openly call him that. As I fished for my key, the door suddenly swings open.
„Hey mate, Lillie send me over with some lasagne. I just put it in the refrigerator and also brought Jesses bag in one of your spare rooms." Deano right away says in a whisper as his eyes land on my son. The thoughtfulness of him and Lillie really is incredibly. Both of them truthfully are amazing people!
„Thanks mate! That really is rather sweet and helpful to say the least." I thankfully says as he ushers me into my house since I stopped in surprise. After all I wasn't expecting anyone to be here, yet I am thankful for his thoughtfulness. I was already thinking of ordering in since after the incident on the beach neither Jesse nor I ate anything. And that was nearly eleven hours ago. So I am starving! On top of that, I know how great of a cook Lillie is. So the lasagne is more than appreciated.
Without any further words exchanged I walk towards the room Deano pointed to, to finally lay Jesse in his bed. Wanting him to feel as comfortable as possible, I carefully pull his shirt, shoes and pants off before placing the thin blanket over his body. Seeing his body slightly curl around the big pillow only makes me smile lovingly at him. He really is such a sweet character. Since I however don't want to disturb his sleep any further, I lean over him to kiss his forehead lovingly and then walk back out to the living room. Deano still waiting there for me with his usual observant and caring look he always seems to wear.
„How is he really doing? The last time I saw him he was a frightened mess, ay?" he asks in honest concern. And I think if anyone else would of asked, or would of even been here as we got here, I would be rather pissed. But Deano is a different story. He always was more of an observant, quiet person, which doesn't mean he doesn't care, quit the opposite! I honestly think I never met anyone as caring and willing to help as him. Deano would give you his everything if he knows it would in fact help you, not caring for the consequences it may have for himself. He is so dangerously selfless, that our whole team started to try to look out for him. Always fearing that someone would take advantage of him.
„Honestly, I don't know." I finally mutter my reply as I also take a seat on my couch. The comfy cushion welcoming my tired body like a lullaby. A heavy sigh leaving my lips as the tiredness finally catches up to me.
„He went through quit some stress and panic today. Even the doctors were rather worried for his health condition." I go on in explanation, as he stays quiet and takes in everything I am willing to share with him.
„He nearly blacked out from loss of oxygen as we arrived at the hospital. Can't even put in words of how incredibly frightened I was for him." I add and hurriedly wipe the few fallen tears off my face. Not wanting to look weak, yet at the same time knowing that Deano would never ever think that. I also am rather certain that he won't even tell any of the boys that he was indeed here to talk to me and even further on bring some food over for Jesse and I to enjoy.
„That's only understandable Hoppo." the understanding voice of his washes over me like some lukewarm water. Soothing me more and more.
„But look, he is a very tuff guy, that with the help of you, is now completely fine and peacefully asleep in bed." he goes on comforting me even farther. He interesting enough seems able to calm everyone down, along with the ability to always know what to say in reassurance. It's incredible how he is able to do so!
„Speaking of sleeping peacefully, I better leave the two of you alone now. Just promise to also head to bed after eating something quick. Like Jesse, you also were extremely panicked today, therefore need your sleep just as much as him." he softly explains as I can't do anything but nod my head in agreement. I mean, how should I disagree with him when I can feel how bone chilling tired I really am.
„Thank you mate. For everything, ya know." I thankfully say as he simply smiles as if he didn't do anything to begin with. But I know better then that!
„I mean it Deano, thank you for looking out for us and even bringing over some food for us to enjoy." I try to make him understand that I truthfully appreciate his thoughtfulness as well as show him my gratitude. Instead of brushing my thanks off like before, he only nods his head slowly. A shy smile on his lips, definitely not used to accepting anyone's thanks.
„The two of you are very welcome. That's after all what family is there for." he says with a soft smile as I smile right back at him. Only able to agree whole heartedly to this statement of his. That's exactly what family is there for and family we indeed are. Maybe not per blood, but family isn't just blood. More often then not, blood is only a tiny factor in playing a part in being a family. Way more important is the love you share with one another and the care you show towards each other.
„Take care of the both of you and please don't hesitate to contact me if you need any help mate." he once again says as we hug shortly before he heads on home to his wife.