14

Jesses pov:
I still try to think of what to say, or how to talk my way out of what Marco has said, but at the end of the day, I don't think it's any better to lie about it. Nor do I want to lie! Not to Hoppo at least. He has done so much for me already, that he simply doesn't deserve any of that.
„My baby sis has always asked questions about all of you guys ever since I started to work as a lifeguard. So I told her about some rescues, about funny stories and even about some other stuff that kept on happening at Bondi." I slowly start my explanation. My eyes now focused on said baby sis of mine. After all way too frightened of what I may see in Hoppos usually caring eyes. I don't think I would be able to live with myself if he is in fact disappointed in me.
„After some time she started to also watch Bondi rescue and learned even more about everyone." I sigh, remembering all the good times as i got home to her placed right in front of the tv completely transfixed on the show. The way her eyes twinkled in utter joy to see all of them instead of only hearing stories. My thoughts however get interrupted, as a hand softly turns my head, so I now once again have no other way then to straight on look at Hoppo. To my relief he seems not at all crossed out, no, instead he simply smiles his caring smile like he has done for years now. So I decide to go on with my explanation. I after all already started, so why not tell him everything?
„At some point she told me how you were treating everyone so nice and how you were the perfect dad. Not long after that, she started to mostly refer to you as dad and a bit later on we, I..I mean she, completely stopped calling you anything but dad." I stammer out nervously as I right away realized my mistake. Why was I so stupid and said we!? Now he is surely going to completely distant himself from me. And to be honest, I definitely understand why. Who would want to be called dad by me, out of all people.
„I thought, why should I stop her. No one gets hurt by it, and it made her happy to finally have someone to call her dad. Yes, it only was between us, but it still was more then what she had till then." i sadly explain from where this has come from and how it had started. Even feeling embarrassed at the lack of parental guidance Alex and I have had.
„I am sorry if you don't feel comfortable with it. When she wakes back up I am going to talk to her and make her stop." I add in apology and promise. Definitely meaning it as well. If it makes him feel uncomfortable, I understand and we will stop it right away. Guess I should of never let it get started, not without his consent at least.
„I don't think either of you should stop calling me dad buddy. It has a good ring to it, don't you reckon?" Hoppo soothingly says. His eyes shining in joy as he also nods his head in agreement with his own statement. Alone to hear him say that he is indeed fine with being called dad from us, makes me flabbergasted. He not only is fine if my baby sis calls him dad, but me as well. The sheer disbelief must of been obvious on my face to read as he only smiles adoringly at me.
„I mean it bud. From now on, you better start to refer to me as dad, because I won't listen to anything else. Ya hear?" he further says quit happily, while I still can't believe what I am just hearing. My eyes already burning with tears once again, this time though more in joy than anything else. Maybe also from slightly being overwhelmed, but who wouldn't be in this situation!?
„Are ya serious?" I question in a whisper. Afraid it was only a day dream and if I only ask too loudly, it's going to pop like a bubble. His eyes soften instantly at my unsure tone while he automatically pulls me into a tight hug. The breath I have been holding in fear of his reply right away releases as his hug alone promises nothing but comfort and love.
„Absolutely serious son." he whispers reassuringly. I instantly can't help myself but gasp in utter shock, as I for the very first time get called son. To top it off from someone that actually cares and means it endearingly. The feeling is something indescribable! It has such an incredible ring to it! Hearing someone call me son is just amazing. Especially since out of everyone, its Hoppo! He has always been the man I looked up to the absolute most ever since I met him. So to hear the man I have viewed, and secretly called dad behind his very back, call me his son is just incredible! My heart keeps on jumping in utter joy while I can't do anything but hug him back even tighter. Wanting, no, needing him to understand how much this means to me. How much HE means to me!
„Shhh you are perfectly fine buddy. From now on I'm gonna be here for you." he states promisingly and softly kisses my forehead. This small show of affection finally is breaking the dam, as tears of gratitude and disbelief start to roll down my face. My fingers curling into his shirt in fear he might vanish into thin air if I don't hold him tight enough.
„I can't believe it. I was so sure ya will hate me and call me gross for it. Maybe even kick me off the team since ya no longer want to talk to me or even see me ever again." I whisper still in disbelief. Honestly feeling ashamed for even thinking like that. I should of known that Hoppo isn't like that at all. He is very accepting in literally every aspect!
„Oh buddy." he sighs in sympathy as one of his hands start to caress through my hair in reassurance.
„I will never do anything like that. Ya hear me buddy? Never gonna hate you or do anything like that, ay." he states seriously. Leaving no doubt in my mind that he indeed is completely serious of his statement.
„No one will ever stop me from being your and your sisters dad." he once again promises. And like before, making sure I one hundred percent believe him.
After that, it has fallen quiet in the room as I simply kling onto him, of which he thankfully has cero problem with. The both of us absolutely enjoying the tight embrace we share, with no further words needed. We after all have said our pieces already.