23

Hoppos pov:
After ordering an extrem amount of sweet and some savory breakfast foods along with some pastry's, we head back towards the car. Jesse smiling widely as he takes a bite out of one of the cupcake I ordered for us to enjoy for right away.
„This really is the best bakery I know." he tells me as his eyes shine in utter joy. It still stuns me at what immense joy my boy feels from such a small treat.
„They sure are." I agree. Knowing for a fact that everything from this bakery is nothing less than mouthwatering. When I start the car back up, Jesse's phone yet again starts to ring. Disturbing the calmness that has fallen over us. Thankfully this time he stays calm as he gets his phone out of his pocket and looks at the caller id.
„It's maxi." he softly says as he watches me with questioning eye. Seemingly waiting for me to allow him to answer his phone, which is kind of sweet, yet absolutely not necessary at all.  Without saying something though, I simply nod my head, before I start the short drive to my house. More than ready to get home and relax after today.
„Hey maxi. Sorry I didn't call ya back right away." my boy answers softly as if worried he might disturb my driving.
Don't be, i figured you got your arms still full. Anyway, how are ya mate? Maxi questions loud enough for me to hear without any trouble, even though the call isn't put on speaker. But that's just maxi I guess. Always loud, yet you got to love his thoughtfulness.
„Cheers mate, I truly appreciate it. I'd say I am quite alright. Hoppo and I are just heading back to his house as we speak. How bout you?" Jesse replies. Honestly sounding more than his usual self than I had heard in the last two days, which makes me smile. Happy that he finally starts to come back out of his shell again.
That's great mate! We all are thinking a ton about you, so please do reach out to any of us if ya need or simply want to talk with someone. Maxi right away reply's as there where some more voices coming from the background. Well, seems as if the boys are currently once again packing up for the day and decided to check in on their brother in blue. The knowledge of all our close bond makes me feel kind of proud for the team we all build together down at the beach.
Obviously I care the most though, so don't hesitate to call me before any of the others. He adds slightly quieter, yet still loud enough for me to pick up as I can't help myself but shake my head with a low chuckle escaping my mouth. Jesse right away looks towards me with an equally wide smile plastered on his face while I park the car right in my driveway.
„I appreciate that bra." he reply's with a small chuckle, as we get out of the car.
Other than yesterday, today no one comes out of my house as I try to unlock it, which is good. Honestly not really feeling like having any company over other than my son of course.
„Yeah, we just got in." he says as he yawns in the middle of his statement. Reminding me again that we probably should get some real food into our belly's before heading for an early night. It after all was a rather eventful day. Even more emotionally tiring for my boy than it was for me, still I can feel the exhaustion luring over me.
„You good with some leftover lasagne buddy?" I question, already walking towards the fridge to get said food out and ready for us.
„Sounds good to me dad, thank you." Jessy answers within a heartbeat. My own heart making a jump in joy of the fact that my sweet boy so naturally called me dad yet again. It always is such an incredible feeling to say the least.
After warming up two heaping plates full of deanos wife famous lasagne, I turn around to find Jessy waiting patiently for his food. The breakfast bar already set for the two of us, which makes me smile even softer at my boys help.
„Here you go buddy." I say after placing one plate in front of him, before repeating the same for myself.
„Cheers." he softly reply's before we start to dig in.

„The boys all good?" I ask Jesse after we both have nearly finished our food in comfortable quietness. Both simply enjoying the company of each other without having to constantly talk.
„They are." he whispers.
„Maxi said that they all would love to come over if we are up for it. Or to go and visit them ourselves if we would prefer that." he says quietly as if feeling unsure of that topic which does indeed surprise me. I thought he would be happy to hear that they still want to have him around, as well as the fact that they still treat him the same. Not that I had doubted that for even a second. But my sweet Jesse is a real worryward.
„I told him that we will think about it, but that I don't feel quit up for company right about now." he mutters as he looks at me in slight fear that he said something wrong.
„That's perfectly fine with me son. I honestly thought of having a quiet evening before an early night. What do you think? Are you up for a movie?" I simply say. Truthfully happy that he wasn't up for company at the moment either. And even more than that I am grateful that he only got shy in worry I might of wanted them to come over while he told them no.
„sounds great dad. Thanks." he says after sighing heavily. A shy, yet happy smile forms on his lips as I can't help but smile right back at him.
„Ok, so what movie are we feeling like?" I ask dramatically as I clap my hands together. The relaxed laugh from my son immediately fills the room as we had a small debate on what Disney movie would be the best to watch. And even though he at the end won with Nemo, I don't really care. After all way too happy that we once again got to relax with one another.