𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈-𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙴𝙴

══════════════════

❁ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴡɪɴ'ꜱ ᴘʀᴀɴᴋ ❁

══════════════════

Since learning of the marauder's true identities, Harry and Ophelia had been spending pretty much every waking moment with them. They knew that they would have to return home soon enough, so spending as much time as they could with them right now seemed like the most reasonable thing to do.

The marauders were currently making their way down to the great hall for some last-minute studying before their O.W.L exams commenced within the next two weeks.

Harry was in a meeting with McGonagall, Ophelia was with Hermione and Ron leaving the five by themselves for the first time in a few weeks.

Upon descending the stairs, they spotted a great deal of movement by the entrance hall. Students were cramming into the hall, bustling with excitement.

"What's going on?" a voice said from behind them and James turned around to see Harry walking towards them.

"For once, it's nothing to do with us" Sirius shrugged as the group made their way towards the scene, trying to get a closer look.

Teachers and ghosts were amongst the crowd of students that were standing around the hall in a some sort of ring. The inquisitorial squad and Umbridge standing in the middle looking rather pleased with themselves.

Standing on her tip-toes, Olivia tried to get a look at what was happened and saw two unmistakable heads of red hair and instantly knew the Weasley twins were standing in the middle of the ordeal.

"It's Fred and George" she told the group.

"So . . . you think it amusing to turn a school corridor into a swamp, do you?" Umbridge said.

"Pretty amusing, yeah," said Fred, looking back up at her without the slightest sign of fear.

Filch elbowed his way closer to Umbridge, almost crying with happiness. "I've got the form, Headmistress," he said hoarsely, waving a piece of parchment. "I've got the form and I've got the whips waiting. . . . Oh, let me do it now. . . ."

"He can't be serious" James muttered, just loud enough for the group to hear.

"Surely she can't be getting away with this" Remus added.

"Very good, Argus," she said. "You two," she went on, gazing down at Fred and George, "are about to learn what happens to wrongdoers in my school."

"You know what?" said Fred. "I don't think we are." He turned to his twin.

"George," said Fred, "I think we've outgrown full-time education."

"Yeah, I've been feeling that way myself," said George lightly.

"Time to test our talents in the real world, d'you reckon?" asked Fred.

"Definitely," said George.

And before Umbridge could say a word, they raised their wands and said together, "Accio Brooms!"

In the distance, the group heard some sort of clashing and banging and then the unmistakable sound of something flying through the air. James had spotted the flying broomsticks just in time and managed to duck, pulling the rest of his friends with him.

Fred and George's broomsticks, one still trailing the heavy chain and iron peg with which Umbridge had fastened them to the wall, were hurtling along the corridor toward their owners. They turned left, streaked down the stairs, and stopped sharply in front of the twins, the chain clattering loudly on the flagged stone floor.

"We won't be seeing you" Fred shouted, swinging his leg over the broom.

"Yeah, don't bother keeping in touch" George said as he mounted his own broom.

The crowd was silent as everyone watched to see what the twins were going to do next. Fred looked around, a large grin across his face as he caught sight of the marauder's. He sent them a wink as his broom started to slightly hover in the air.

"If anyone fancies buying a Portable Swamp, as demonstrated upstairs, come to number ninety-three, Diagon Alley — Weasleys' Wizarding Wheezes," he said in a loud voice. "Our new premises!"

"Special discounts to Hogwarts students who swear they're going to use our products to get rid of this old bat," added George, pointing at Professor Umbridge.

"STOP THEM!" shrieked Umbridge, but it was too late.

As the Inquisitorial Squad closed in, Fred and George kicked off from the floor, shooting fifteen feet into the air, the iron peg swinging dangerously below. Fred looked across the hall at the poltergeist bobbing on his level above the crowd.

"Give her hell from us, Peeves." And Peeves, whom they had never seen take an order from a student before, swept his belled hat from his head and sprang to a salute as Fred and George wheeled about to tumultuous applause from the students below and sped out of the open front doors into the glorious sunset.

Following the dramatic exit from the Weasley twins, the Gryffindor common room was buzzing with excitement for the rest of the day.

People had been coming up to both Ginny and Ron, telling them all about how amazing their brothers were and that they were jealous that the two were related to them.

Ginny had taken the comments with pride, bragging all about her older brothers.

Ron, however, had turned red from all the attention, his ears matching the shade of that of the common room.

"I can't believe we missed it" Ophelia sighed as she took a seat next to Harry in the common room, "I can't believe you made me study Hermione"

"If I had known that this was going to happen, I would've cancelled our study session" Hermione said, closing her book.

"I hate to say it boys, but I'm afraid the Weasley twins do give us a good run for our money" James muttered as he concentrated on the game of Wizard's chess her was playing with Ron.

"I'm definitely writing some of those prank ideas down" Sirius nodded in agreement, "don't you agree Moony?"

"Please don't get any ideas" Remus sighed, "I have enough to deal with already"

"You love us Moons" James teased.

"If that's what helps you sleep at night" Remus muttered.

"Hedwig?" Ophelia said suddenly, getting the groups attention.

They looked up to see the snowy white owl sitting outside one of the windows in the common room, lightly tapping on the glass panes. Harry got up at once, opening the window and allowing the owl to fly inside, landing on Harry's shoulder.

Harry took the letter that was tied around her leg, opening it and reading it at once, "It's for all of us" he said as he read over the letter's contents, "from Dumbledore, he wants to meet us tonight. He's fixed the time-turner" 

❁