𝚃𝙴𝙽

══════════════════

❁ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ'ꜱ ɢᴏɴᴇ ᴍᴀᴅ ❁

═════════════════

The marauders and co were sat on the soft, red couches in the Gryffindor common room patiently waiting for Hermione to reveal who the mothers of Harry and Ophelia were. 

Of course, they had all heard rumors and bits and bats of their past, but neither of them really did any further research into their future. Not because they didn't want to know, but because Dumbledore had requested they knew as little as possible. 

"Well, Lia's mother is Olivia" Hermione said, though it didn't really come as a shock to them. Ophelia shared quite a few features with her mother. 

The groups heads shot to the couple sat next to each other on the couch, who where now smiling to each other. 

"Damm, we made a gorgeous child" Olivia said, causing them all to laugh. 

"We sure did" 

"So, who's Harry's mother?" Lily asked. 

"Harry's mother she's...well...actually you Lily...believe it or not" Hermione said.

A silence loomed over the room, James was evidently very surprised, which was quite the opposite to Lily's utter shock.

"I don't know why where acting surprised, Harry literally has Lil's eyes" Olivia deadpanned. "I don't know how we didn't -"

"I have a child with Evans!" James exclaimed, cutting the girl off.

"I have a child with Potter!" Lily said, matching his tone. To everyone's surprise, even her own, Lily didn't seem as offended as they thought when she found out her future son was also James Potter's.

Sirius was struggling to contain his laughter, as Lily shot him a dirty look across the room. Apparently, that look didn't do anything to calm him down because once he saw the look on Lily's face, he burst into fits of laughter, setting both Olivia and Remus off to. 

Soon enough, they where all laughing whilst James and Lily just look unimpressed. 

"Anyway, what happens to us? Are we still alive?" Olivia asked once they calmed down. 

"Erm...you see, Sirius your alive as you saw the other night, Remus you are too, the rest of you...I'm sorry, you aren't" Hermione said softly, with a sympathetic look in her eye. "Ophelia grew up with Remus. The night that James and Lily where murdered, Sirius was sent to Azkaban-" 

"PADFOOT WENT TO AZKABAN!" James shouted. 

"Padfoot, Azkaban? The worlds gone mad" Remus agreed. 

"Yes, for murder, he is innocent thought. You see, he was framed for the murder of P – someone and 13 muggles, as well as betraying the Potters by revealing their whereabouts to Voldemort, which ultimately lead to their deaths. He escaped two years ago. " Hermione said after James and Remus got over their shock. 

"Who framed him? And what do you mean our whereabouts?" Lily asked. 

"I don't think that telling you would be the best idea. In July 1980 Harry was born, in order to keep him safe, the potter family went into hiding. Originally, their secret keeper was Sirius, but changed because Sirius believed it was too obvious. No one knew of the swap not even Dumbledore or Remus, anyway the person they changed it too, was secretly a spy and went blabbing to Voldemort about where your hiding was. So, on October 31st 1981 Voldemort went to Godric's Hollow, by then the Fidilius Charm was broken, and Voldemort found the Potters. He killed James first, you went up against him wandless to try to spare Lily time to make a get away with Harry. But it was too late, he found Lily and Harry moments later, she cast herself in between Voldemort and Harry, and he killed you right in front of Harry.." Hermione told, but by now she could see the shock that masked the faces, and the tears welling in Lily and James' eyes. She took a breath then continued.

"Voldemort then turned to Harry and he attempted to kill him, but the spell re-casted and hit Voldemort instead, on that night Voldemort was defeated, and Harry became the only person to survive the killing curse. Harry became the boy-who-lived, Sirius was sent to Azkaban and Remus was left with Lia. Voldemort made a return last year though, hence why the Mistry call him and Dumbledore liars. They refuse to believe he is back."

"Oh my merlin, that happens to us? I...I die, James dies? Wait what happens to Liv?" Lily asked tears rolling down her face by now.

"Olivia was killed by Bellatrix Lestrange in an attack alongside Marlene McKinnon and Marlene's family on July 12th 1981, she went to visit them, she wasn't meant to be there that night but she was.  Sirius is still devastated about her death"

"And Remus? What happened to him?" James said.

"He raised Lia, he was our defense teacher in our 3rd year, the best teacher we've ever had, he quit because of his...problems?" Hermione said not knowing how to word that she knew about that fact he is a werewolf.

"His monthly issues? We heard Ophelia speaking about it a while ago remember? We know you're a werewolf Rem" Lily said.

"Listen you two, I'm sorry I'm a-" Remus started.

"No Remus we don't care about that, I know you're going to say you're a monster but you're not you Remus John Lupin the boy who folds his socks and gets the highest scores on test, are not a monster ok?" Lily said, to which Remus just nodded not convinced.

"You all ok?" Hermione asked.

"Just in shock I think" Lily said.

The 5 all nodded in agreement.

"Listen, I will catch you up on more tomorrow, but I really do have an essay to finish. We will discuss this more tomorrow, okay?" Hermione said as they all bid her goodbye as she retrieved to her dorm. 

"We're doomed" James deadpanned. Lily punched the boy on the arm and gestured over to Sirius causing James' face to fall. 

"Padfoot? You okay mate?" James asked after a moment of silence. 

The boy hadn't muttered a word since Hermione had revealed the information about his future to them. 

He sat tense, next to Olivia, as he kept his head down and rubbed his hands together, trying to wipe away the swear that was building up on his hands due to nerves. 

"James...I-I'm so sorry" he muttered. 

"Mate shut up. You haven't even done anything and your apologising"

"But I-"

"Sirius Orion black shut up. I know you won't ever betray me like that. It's not your fault Pads alright?" 

Sirius weakly nodded as another silence fell over them, as they all tried to comprehend what they had just heard. They had all had their own little suspicions about what happened to them in the future, but none of their theories came close to the horrifying truth.