𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈

══════════════════

❁ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴀʟʟ ᴏꜰ ᴅᴜᴍʙʟᴇᴅᴏʀᴇ'ꜱ ᴀʀᴍʏ❁

══════════════════

 A few months had passed since Harry and Ophelia's kiss, and now spring was creeping up on the students and the Easter holidays were right around the corner.

Harry and Ophelia were doing better than ever, they didn't yet have a label on what they were, but it was safe to say that they were exclusive. Ron and Sirius swore seeing the two cuddling in the common room made them feel sick.

Ophelia had confided in Harry about her suspicions about the group, and as expected he didn't seem too convinced. There was a reason he wasn't in Ravenclaw after all. That, and it wasn't exactly a common occurrence that your dead parents had managed to send their fifteen-year-old selves nearly two decades into the future.

To prove her point to him, she had convinced him to go over the Patronus charm in their next DA session, that way, if their Patronus' were the same they would know for sure.

Which led to now.

Ophelia watched as Harry walked around the room, instructing people on how to cast a patronus. He encouraged the students to think of their happiest memory and to use it to cast the charm.

"Remember" Ophelia spoke up, "casting a patronus in a well-lit classroom is completely different to using it when you are face to face with a dementor"

"Oh, don't be such a killjoy" Cho said, "they're so pretty"

"Them being pretty doesn't have anything to do with this" Ophelia snapped back.

"They're not meant to be pretty, they're meant to protect you" Harry intervened, "What we really need is a boggart or something; that's how I learned, I had to conjure a Patronus while the boggart was pretending to be a dementor —"

"Wouldn't that be scary?" Lavender Brown asked from where she was attempting to emit small sliver bursts of light from her wand "And I still — can't — do it!" she added angrily.

"Yes" Ophelia nodded, "but when and if you need to use this charm, you're going to be scared"

"Well, if you find it so easy why don't you show us" Cho snapped, turning to face the girl with a smirk. Clearly, Cho didn't think Ophelia was capable.

James and Sirius had joined the girl when they heard the commotion, and James was about to tell her that she didn't have to prove herself. However, Ophelia simply shrugged and pulled out her wand, wasting no time in producing her Patronus.

People turned to watch in awe as a silver, large dog emitted from the end of her wand and ran around the room. Ophelia sent a smug smirk in Cho's direction as she watched the girl huff and turn around.

Harry sent her a proud smile as she turned to give Sirius and James a high five.

"Your patronus is a dog?" Sirius asked.

"Yeah" she nodded, "same as my dad's, Harry's is a stag like James'"

"Harry, I think I'm doing it!" Seamus yelled before either had the chance to reply. They turned to look at the boy, "Look! Argh, its gone – but there was something there!"

Hermione's Patronus, a shining silver otter, was gamboling around her. "They are sort of nice, aren't they?" she said, looking at it fondly.

The door of the room of requirement opened and closed and Ophelia turned to look at who had entered, however she saw no one. The people closest to the door fell silent.

"Hi, Dobby!" Harry said. "What are you — what's wrong?"

Ophelia looked down to see Dobby standing by Harry's feet, his eyes welling up and his large ears shaking.

The members of the D.A. closest to Harry had fallen silent now: Everybody in the room was watching Dobby. The few Patronuses people had managed to conjure faded away into silver mist, leaving the room looking much darker than before.

"Harry Potter, sir . . ." squeaked the elf, trembling from head to foot, "Harry Potter, sir . . . Dobby has come to warn you . . . but the house-elves have been warned not to tell . . ."

He ran headfirst at the wall: Harry, who had some experience of Dobby's habits of self-punishment, made to seize him, but Dobby merely bounced off the stone, cushioned by his eight hats. Hermione and a few of the other girls let out squeaks of fear and sympathy.

"What's wrong Dobby?" Ophelia asked as Harry grabbed the elf and held him so he couldn't injure himself again.

"She...she" Dobby quivered.

"Who is she Dobby?"

"Umbridge?" Harry asked, horrified.

Dobby nodded, then tried to bang his head off Harry's knees; Harry held him at bay.

"What about her? Dobby — she hasn't found out about this — about us — about the D.A.?"

The two didn't need an answer from the elf, his fear stucken face told them all they needed to know. They shared a look with each other as Ophelia got up and made her way to the Marauders and co as Harry talked some more with the elf.

"What's going on?" James asked as she joined them.

"Umbridge knows"

They watched as Dobby nodded his head and Harry stood up, looking around the room.

"What are you waiting for?" he yelled, "run!"

The group instantly started to run towards the door at once. Ophelia tried to make her way to Harry, however the crowd of people made it almost impossible to do so.

"Go!" she heard Harry shouting at her, "I'll meet you in the common room"

"Come on" Sirius said to her, grabbing her hand and pulling her out of the door.

She allowed him to drag her away from the room, following the group as they sped towards the common room.

It had been hours since Umbridge had discovered the DA and Harry still wasn't back. Ophelia couldn't sit still, she was pacing around the common room as Hermione and Ron sat on the couch. The others had made their way to bed seeing as it was nearing on midnight and they had classes the next day.

Soon enough, the portrait door opened and the Potter boy walked through the door. Ophelia didn't even give him the chance to fully enter the common room until she had practically jumped on him.

Harry allowed the girl's embrace, wrapping his arms around her waist as he held her close.

"Are you okay?" she asked, pulling away and leading him to the couches.

"What happened Harry?" Hermione asked as he sat down.

"Dumbledore's gone" he said simply.

"What?"

"It's a long story" he sighed, "I'll tell you properly tomorrow. You guys go up to bed, it's late"

Hermione and Ron shared an unsure look, however they went up to bed once Harry assured them it was alright.

Once he was sure they were alone, Harry turned to her.

"You're right"

"What do you mean?" Ophelia asked in confusion.

"It's them" he said, "they have the same patronus"