𝚂𝙸𝚇

══════════════════

❁ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴀᴄᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰɪʀᴇ ❁

══════════════════

September was very quickly coming to an end, and the dark, cold weather that October brought was creeping up on everyone. Scotland was now well into mid-autumn, the days getting shorter and colder, and the leaves of the trees around the castle grounds had changed colours, instead of the usual green that hugged the trees, the branches were now dotted with specs of yellow, amber and red. Every time a gust of wind hit the trees, the branches shook and the leaves fell to the ground, covering the grass with it's autumnal colours.

The group of 5th year Gryffndors were currently hiding out in the common room from the harsh storm outside, listening to the rain and howling wind.

Harry and Ron were enjoying a game of Wizards Chess and James and Sirius were playing a rather aggressive game of exploding snap.

Hermione was pacing around rambling, letting her anger out about how Umbridge was now the new high inquisitor of the school and if it wasn't for Dumbledore, the divination teacher, Professor Trelawney wouldn't even be on school grounds "That foul, evil, loathsome gargoyle-"

"Careful Mione your inner Ophelia is coming out" Harry teased, looking up from his game to interrupt Hermione with a smirk on his face.

"Well we are not learning how to defend ourselves, we're not learning how to pass out OWLS and she's taking over the whole school" the girl huffed flopping into the open seat between Ophelia and Lily.

The young Black looked over to her best friend and placed her hand on her knee, giving the girl a comforting smile. No one liked the new teacher's policies, but surprisingly, Hermione had been the one who showed the most ill-feelings towards Umbridge, and a large reasoning towards her feelings, was the mistreatment both Ophelia and Harry had been getting from the woman.

Suddenly, the radio let out a cackle and Cornelius Fudge's voice flooded the room as Remus let out a satisfied sigh as he finally got the small radio working after about half an hour of messing with the thing.

"Furthermore, we have convincing evidence that these disappearances are the work of notorious mass murderer Sirius Black" Fudge stated causing Ophelia's head to snap towards it. The girl glared at the radio before raising her wand and flicking it towards the radio, causing the it to blow into tiny pieces with a bang.

Remus looked absolutely mortified that his hard work had been destroyed after only 30 seconds of it working. He sighed and sat down next to James, flipping off his two friends that were laughing at him. 

"Woah, easy there Black, now what did that poor radio ever do to you?" James teased.

"Oh haha very funny" Ophelia said sarcastically. "He knows that he is back, he's just to afriad to admit that a teenager is right. He's just feeding the people more lies, he's giving them false news knowing that it's what they want to believe. My dad's not a monster he's-" 

"Erm Lia, your dads in the fire" Ron said, interrupting Ophelia from her rant. 

Ophelia looked up from her place on the sofa, looking towards the fireplace which had a steady stream of gentle flames emitting from it. Sure enough, the face of her father emitted from the logs. 

"Lia how many times have I told you not to worry about me sweetheart" Sirius said as he smiled at his daughter.

"I know dad, but it doesn't mean I can't be angry, or worry"

"I know"

"Sirius, not that I'm not happy to see you or anything but what are you doing here?" Harry asked his godfather.

"Answering your letter of course, now I haven't long so tell me what's Umbridge doing? Training to kill half breeds or something?" Sirius asked looking at the 9 teenagers in front of him.

"Sirius she's not letting us use magic at all!" Hermione said

"Understandable, its known that Fudge's new suspicions of Dumbledore leads him not wanting you to train in combat"

"In combat, what's that supposed to mean?" Ron said

"I suppose Fudge thinks that Dumbledore has secret forces.

"To attempt to fight against the ministry right?" Olivia said

"Yes but that's mental" Ophelia stated making her father smile.

"But Lia you've got to understand Fudge can't tell his head from his elbows these days darling he's willing to believe anything and everything to find evidence that he's not back" her father said, his smile faltering.

"Sirius she's-"

"Someone's coming I've got to go, listen you lot Fudge will do everything in his power to avoid the fact that you-know-who has returned, all you've got left to do now is sit patiently and wait for the best. Harry, Lia stay out of trouble please. Bye" and with that he was gone.

Silence followed the room, until Hermione got up off the floor, followed by Ophelia and stared out of the window that was covered in rain drops.

There was thunder sounding in the distance and James couldn't help but think of the coincidence. There was another war brewing and yet it felt the exact same as back home. Both two completely different times, yet the brewing of the wars was eerily similar. Of course, there were different circumstances this time around, but the atmosphere that fell over he Wizarding World matched almost perfectly as to the atmosphere that the group had been feeling back home.

"Sirius is right, with Umbridge in charge we won't learn any skills to help us in combat" Hermione said - breaking the lingering silence.

"Yes but Mione what are we supposed to do you heard Sirius, Fudge has suspicions and they'll only keep growing if we start protesting" Ron said.

"He's really out there isn't he" Hermione asked turning back towards the window causing Harry to nod.

"We need to learn to defend ourselves and if Umbridge won't do it we need someone who will"

The groups heads all turned to face the boy who lived.