𝙵𝙸𝚅𝙴

══════════════════

❁ ꜱɪʀɪᴜꜱ ʙʟᴀᴄᴋ ❁

══════════════════

It was a late Sunday evening, and the Marauders, plus Lily and Olivia, were currently sat around a table at the back of the library studying. Well, Lily, Remus and Olivia were studying, James and Sirius on the other hand were doing everything but studying.

"Will you to shut up and actually concentrate, some of us want to pass our exams" Olivia hissed at the pair of boys as they laughed a little too loudly for the 6th time that hour.

"Calm down Holby, we're studying" James smirked back, gesturing towards the books that sat in front of the boys, despite them being untouched, "besides these exams don't actually count. We've technically already passed them"

"Studying what exactly, because you've both wrote only the date in the hour that we've been here" Remus interrupted, "and you don't actually know if you passed. For all you know, you could've failed school"

"I didn't specify that we're studying. What's the point in us doing the work when we have you Moony? Besides me and padfoot have much more important things to be doing"

"Oh yea like what Potter?" Lily questioned.

"We're brainstorming our next amazing prank of course Evans" the boy answered as he smiled.

"Merlin how did I end up with these two idiots as best friends" Remus muttered as he turned back to his essay.

"Come on Moony, you love us" Sirius said as he sat up and nudged the boy smirking. "You absolutely love having us around"

"I absolutely don't padfoot" he remarked, not looking up from his paper.

As Sirius opened his mouth to argue with his friend, Olivia glared at him and told him to shut up. Deciding it was a good idea to listen to his girlfriend (he was slightly scared of her when she was annoyed, though he would never admit it) he turned back to James as they carried on planning their next big prank idea.

A little later on, the 5 we're seated in the empty common room once again, not particularly talking about anything. On the way back from the library the group had met Ophelia and Harry, and much to their luck, Umbridge. Their run-in had triggered the Professor to yet again pestering the young Black girl about her father's whereabouts.

This had obviously caused Ophelia to storm off in a mood with Harry desperately running after her, trying to calm the girl down. And, like all the times his future was mentioned, Sirius fell unusually silent.

Sirius sat in complete silence in between his girlfriend and James, not uttering a word since the argument between Ophelia and Umbridge had taken place.

"I think we should address the giant elephant in the room" Olivia said, looking from her boyfriend to her other friends.

"Padfoot, er mate, you wanna talk about it?" James asked, awkwardly looking from Sirius to Remus, his eyes secretly begging Remus for help as he made eye contact with him. Sirius merely just shrugged and buried his head in his hands, leaning forward not making eye contact with anyone.

Olivia rubbed her hand on his back, trying to comfort him, but it only made him jump from the contact.

"Padfoot, we don't even know the full extent of what happened..I mean for all we know this could all be a giant misunderstanding" Remus spoke softly, trying to calm his best friend.

"Well that's really unlikely Moony, he literally goes to Azkaban for murder" James blurted. Sirius slowly lifted his head to glare at the Potter boy, who just sheepishly smiled. The boy sat up and slouched further into the couch he was sat on, internally wishing that the seat would swallow him hole so he didn't have to face talking about who-what he becomes in the future.

"Well whatever it was, and whoever I kill, it's for a good reason" Sirius finally spoke in a low, quite voice.

"You heard Lia though, you're innocent. Listen Pads, you're a good guy we all know that. I don't know a lot of things, but I do know my best friend would never kill anyone without a good solid reason" James said, making Sirius look at him and give him a genuine smile.