𝚂𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽

══════════════════

❁ᴏᴅᴅʟʏ ꜰᴀᴍɪʟɪᴀʀ❁

══════════════════

That day, Ophelia didn't attend any of her classes. Following her panic attack in the bathroom, she made her way back to the common room and went back to bed.

She didn't sleep, she just stayed huddled in her bed, staring blankly at the wall. It wasn't until Hermione returned from her classes that night did, she move.

Hermione had informed her that Hagrid was on probation due to Umbridge and that sentence alone made the girl shoot out of bed. She was furious, Hagrid was a dear friend and it made her hate the professor even more for doing this.

She had declined Hermione's offer to join her down for dinner, insisting she wasn't hungry, and she wanted to stay upstairs.

Once Hermione had made her way down to dinner, Ophelia decided to venture out to the common room, deciding it probably wasn't best to stay cooped up all night.

Expecting everyone to be in the Great Hall, she was shocked to see Sirius (or well Josh as she knew him) sat alone on the couch.

Sirius had reacted in a somewhat similar way to Ophelia when he read the article this morning. He hated his cousin with every fiber in his body, even in his time the woman was just pure evil. She had often been one to laugh and occasionally join in whenever his mother had 'punished' him.

It was no secret that she was a big supporter of the Dark Lord as she calls him. He had only hoped that in the future the witch was dead and had finally received what was coming to her.

However, when he found out his cousin was unfortunately alive and now a free person, well the blood left his head. Not only that, but to find out that the ministry was blaming this on him, well it was safe to say his breakfast didn't stay in his stomach much longer.

The boy had returned to his dorm not long after Ophelia had and didn't move all day. It was only when James literally dragged him out of bed did, he move.

His friends were worried. He knew that. Sirius was someone who was always happy, of course he had his bad days and James never failed to be by his side whenever those days came around. But it was rare to see him completely shut down.

Even when he and Olivia fought, he never reacted this way. His friends were worried, and Sirius felt awful that he was causing them to panic.

It seemed as though everything was building up and the article this morning was his breaking point.

Now, he sat on the couch in the common room, staring at the fire trying to get the horrific feeling of dread out of his head.

His trance was broken when he felt the presence of someone sit down next to him. Thinking it was James, he didn't even turn his head.

"If you're here to drag me down to dinner, I suggest you piss off James" he grumbled.

"I know I look like shit but I think telling me I'm a boy is a bit far" a female voice joked from beside him.

Turning his head, he was shocked to see Ophelia sat beside him, a small grin on her face.

"Sorry" he smiled apologetically, "not in the mood for dinner?"

"Nah" she said, "so, what's up with you?"

"Just a bit homesick" he replied simply. Of course that wasn't entirely true. Yes he was feeling homesick, but not in the way that you'd think. He couldn't exactly tell her that he was in fact her dad trapped decades in the future. He was sure that telling her that she would think he was insane.

"Josh I know it's more than that" she said. For some reason, hearing her say his fake name killed him. She had been nothing but kind to him and he felt so guilty keeping such a secret from her. He also couldn't deny the pang in his heart when he heard his future daughter refer to him as a friend and not as a father.

He had to remind himself that he was still a kid himself and he didn't have any kids, this girl wasn't technically his daughter. But he saw how much it broke her to be away from her dad and he wanted to do nothing more than to comfort her and tell her he was right here.

Ophelia didn't miss the look on his face when she said his name, but she dismissed it and continued anyway, "you don't have to talk about it but it doesn't take a genius to figure out that the article affected you. You knew one of them didn't you?"

"You could say that" he mumbled, "it's complicated"

"I'm starting to think that everything is complicated" she replied earning a small chuckle from him, "but we don't have to worry about them. We're safe in Hogwarts, Dumbledore won't let anything happen to us here"

He didn't reply to that, he just gave a small smile and allowed her to lean her head on his shoulder as the two sat in a comfortable silence. Just like her encounter with Olivia this morning, she felt an awful sense of familiarity within her whenever she was in his presence.

She had felt it for a while now, however she just put it down to how easily they got along. Besides, she had felt as if she knew Ron, Hermione and Harry all her life when in reality she hadn't. Well, she had technically known harry for that long but still.

The feeling reminded her of her dad and Remus and that feeling of comfort they managed to bring her even in the most dangerous of situations.

And it was at that moment that something clicked. She had thought they looked familiar, and the names surely were a coincidence. But how many coincidences does it take before it gets suspicious.

She mentally kicked herself for not figuring it out earlier. How could she not? How dumb must you be to not recognise your own parents?