𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙴𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽

══════════════════

❁ꜱᴛᴏʟᴇɴ ᴋɪꜱꜱᴇꜱ ❁

══════════════════

Following their meeting with Rita Skeeter, Ophelia somehow found herself wandering around the streets of Hogsmeade with Harry. How this happened she had no idea, but she didn't hate it.

"How did your date go?" Ophelia asked awkwardly. The silence was deafening so Ophelia thought of the only way to break it.

"Awful" Harry laughed, not the reaction Ophelia was expecting.

"Oh?" she asked, sending him a look.

"I know you want to laugh Lia" Harry smirked at her, "go ahead"

Ophelia felt bad for the laugh that escaped her lips. She didn't know whether she was laughing at him because the idea of Harry Potter going on a date was utterly ridiculous or because she was slightly glad the boy had suffered.

"Rub it in why don't you" the boy grumbled as he glared at the girl.

"I'm sorry" she said once she contained herself, "why was it awful?"

'I wanted it to be you' a voice in Harry's head said, "Well for one she cried pretty much the entire time"

"That bad of a date, are you?" Ophelia teased with a smirk as Harry shoved her slightly.

"Shut up" he laughed, "she just talked about Cedric pretty much the entire time, had a breakdown and then left me"

"So, I take it there won't be a second?"

"Absolutely not" Harry laughed, "how was your day?"

"It was okay I suppose" she shrugged, "would have much rather spent it carrying out our Valentines traditions"

"Me too" he replied. Ophelia hated herself for the blush that rose on her cheeks when he said that.

"I'm sorry for being such a bitch recently" she sighed. She didn't know why she was saying it and mentally cursed herself for letting the words fall out of her mouth before she had time to process what she was saying.

Harry seemed taken back by her comment and Ophelia thought she had made a mistake, but when he replied all doubts left her mind.

"I've been a pretty shit best friend recently too" he shrugged, "what makes you think you've been a bitch?"

"You're really asking that?" she laughed.

"No but I want to hear you apologise" he smirked, "an apology from Ophelia Black is a very rare thing to come across"

That wasn't a lie, Ophelia very rarely apologised for anything let alone admitted she was wrong.

"Don't push your luck Potter" she teased, "seriously though, I'm sorry for ignoring you"

"Why have you been?"

"I think you know the answer to that"

They came to a stop in the road and Harry took this opportunity to properly look at her.

He knew he had liked her as more than a friend for some time now, how could he not? She was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen. But afraid that she wouldn't reciprocate his feelings and to scared to lose his best friend, he had tried to place his attention else where to rid himself of these feelings.

However, his attempts to stop his feelings was completely unsuccessful. Every time he spent time with Cho he found himself thinking of her. He desperately wished it was her he was spending Valentines day with instead of Cho.

Everything he did to try and tell himself that he wasn't in love with her made him love her even more.

But now, hearing that there was even the slightest chance that she reciprocated his feelings, it made his heart skip a beat. Harry swore his heart was beating so fast she would be able to hear it.

What came next was something neither was expecting.

Harry had no clue what possessed him to take the following actions, but he felt himself leaning in. And that wasn't the thing that surprised him the most.

What surprised him was the fact that Ophelia wasn't leaning away, instead, she stayed there keeping her eyes on his as she watched him move towards her.

Her eyes glancing towards his lips gave him the confidence to fully close the gap and place his lips on hers.

When she didn't return the kiss, he pulled back, terrified that he had made a mistake. However, his eyes widened when Ophelia grabbed the top of his jumper and pulled him back down towards her.

They both smiled into the kiss as her hands wrapped around his neck, pulling him closer whilst his found their way to her waist.

The world around them seemed to stop and the only thing that mattered was them.

Ophelia was screaming in her head. She had wanted this for some time and it felt euphoric. It was better than she could of imagined. Part of her was cursing her for kissing her best friend, however those thought soon left once she reminded herself that he kissed her. 

Harry had kissed her. 

She felt like a pathetic thirteen year old girl experiencing her first kiss. His lips were softer than she thought and he tasted slightly of butterbeer. 

They stayed there for a while. Not caring if anyone saw them.

However, a little distance away a bitter Sirius and James handed Remus 20 galleons each.

"Git" James muttered at the smirk on Remus's face.  

A/N 

surprise! 

filler(ish) chapter so i hope you enjoyed! 

five more chapters and this book is finished i cant believe it. 

im actually emotional, i started this book when i was like fourteen and made the decision to re-write it a few years ago and kept re-writing it after that. 

so sorry for the fact it has taken years to complete, you guys are amazing for the support you have given throughout the years, the ending is in sight! 

i've scheduled every chapter to post, but i wont tell you when those dates are so keep your eyes peeled! 

thank you for the support, i appreciate you all so much! 

- han x