𝙵𝙾𝚄𝚁𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽

A/N, again example (normal) is referring to the current characters, example (italics) is referring to the past.

══════════════════

❁ ᴍᴇʀʀʏ ᴄʜʀɪꜱᴛᴍᴀꜱ ❁

═════════════════

Lily and Olivia had been woken up on Christmas morning by a rather excited Ophelia. Too excited some would say.

The young girl had harshly shaken the girls awake, screaming 'Wake up' in their ears. Lily had bolted up in shock, banging head with the young Black girl causing them both to groan in pain.

"Merlin Lil" Ophelia groaned, "I think you've broken my skull"

"Maybe we'll be able to finally see if youv'e got a brain under there" Hermione said groggily from her bed.

Hermione had arrived at Grimmauld Place the morning after the others had. She had explained that Umbridge was pretty pissed that the group had managed to disappear from under her nose, despite Dumbledore explaining the situation.

Olivia and Lily had been warned that Ophelia loved Christmas, what they weren't expecting however was to be woken up by a screaming Ophelia at 6am.

Despite Mr Weasley's attack, the mood in Grimmauld Place was festive. Sirius' infectious delight was seriously different to his miserable mood over summer. He was determined to give the kids a good Christmas, despite the circumstances. Him and Ophelia had spent the days leading up to Christmas, cleaning up the place and decorating whilst singing a rather awful renditions of 'God rest ye merry Hippogriff' and 'Buckbeak the red nosed Hippogriff'.

The house was barely recognisable when they went to bed on Christmas eve. The tarnished chandeliers were no longer hung with cobwebs but with garlands of holly and gold and silver streamers; magical snow glittered in heaps over the threadbare carpets; a great Christmas tree, obtained by Mundungus and decorated with live fairies, blocked Sirius's family tree from view; and even the stuffed elf heads on the hall wall wore Father Christmas hats and beards.

Once the girls had fully woken up, they got straight to work opening the pile of presents on the end of each of their beds, before descending down to breakfast.

"Morning" Sirius greated the girls as they walked into the kitchen. He was wearing a rather ridiculous Christmas apron, and making breakfast. Well, attmepting to make breakfast.

"Morning dad" Ophelia replied, going over and giving her father a hug, "what are you doing?"

"Cooking"

"Since when did you cook?"

"Since I had a houseful of guests, and since I got to spend the first Christmas in 14 years with my daughter" he replied, placing a gentle kiss on her forehead.

She walked back to the girls, "Don't eat anything he's cooked" she whispered. However, Sirius had heard, and chucked a spoon in her direction.

The girls helped themselves to the coffee and hot chocolate that Sirius had set out, and waited for the boys to come down.

"I'm going to drag them out of bed with their ears if they don't hurry up" Ophelia muttered before turning to Lily and Olivia, "Are you two alright? You're awfully quiet"

"Not a morning person" Olivia replied, smiling.

However, that wasn't entirely true. Yes neither of them were a fan of waking up in the early hours of the morning, but it was something else that was keeping them unusually quiet.