𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽

A/N this might be confusing but go with me, example is present Sirius and Remus, example (italics) is past Sirius and Remus. And James, well there's only one James

══════════════════

❁ ᴍʀ ᴡᴇᴀꜱʟᴇʏ ❁

═════════════════

'We don't care about the stupid order!' Fred shouted. 

'It's out dad we care about' George added. 

The group had not long arrived at Grimmauld Place, and to say the Weasley children we're angry was a little bit of an understatement. It was understandable that the kids would want to go see their father, however, Sirius was in no way letting them storm into St. Mugos in the middle of the night, especially when the hospital probably wasn't even aware of Mr Weasley's state at the current moment. 

Harry and Ophelia were stood in a corner of the room with the marauders watching the scene unfold. James and Sirius were confused as to why they were there. It wasn't their family, and sure they were good friends with the group by now, but they felt like they were invading their personal space by being there. 

However, Dumbledore has insisted that the group go along to Grimmauld place with the other, and like usual, had left no explanation as to why they had to be there. 

'Your father knew what he was getting into and he won't thank you for messing things up for the Order!' said Sirius, 'This is how it is--this is why you're not in the Order--you don't understand--there are things worth dying for!'

'Easy for you to say, you're not the one going out risking your life!' 

Once the words left Fred's mouth Ophelia became dangerously aware of the words being exchanges, and Harry had to grab the girl's hand to stop causing even more of a scene. 

'I know it's hard, alright, but we have to stay put, at least until we hear anything else from your mother, okay?' Sirius replied in a manner that was unusually calm considering he looked as if he was going to hit the Weasley twins a few seconds ago. 

He got no reply from the weasley children, however, they did accept defeat and slump over to one of the many armchairs in the room, and sit huddled together. 

'That's right, let's all have a drink shall we. Accio Butterbeer!'

Sirius raised his wand, and within seconds, numerous bottles of butterbeer came skidding around the corner of the living room walls, and stopped neatly in front of them all upon the living room table. 

Ophelia could tell that the only reason that Harry was having a drink was so that he had something to do with his hands in order for them to stop shaking. His hands were sweaty and he had this fiery pit of dread in his stomach. It was clear to anyone that he was blaming himself for the whole situation. 

Ophelia and Harry were sat just next to the marauders, who were unsurprisingly feeling very awkward. The boys had taken a seat on the floor, allowing Lily and Olivia to have a seat together on one of the big, dirty chairs. 

None of them said a word, they just kept themselves to themselves in the corner of the room. 

Sirius however was sat on the opposite end of the room, staring at the marauders. He wasn't stupid, even if Dumbledore didn't inform him of the accident that had occurred, he would have been able to spot the group a mile off. It was him after all. 

Not only was it a shock for him to see the Potter's alive and well, which caused a feeling he couldn't describe, but seeing his dead wife sat right in front of him made him feel as though he was going to faint. 

Seeing Olivia and Ophelia sat next to each other – the same age – filled him with a sense of loss and grief. He wanted nothing more in this world than to be able to sit and enjoy the company of his two girls, but he couldn't. 

He knew that even though Olivia was sat opposite him, it wasn't her. It wasn't his girl. 

'Fawkes!' Sirius said, breaking the silence. The majestic, red bird appeared form a burst of flames, dropped a piece of parchment down on the table, and disappeared again, leaving a single golden phoenix feather, 'hang on, that's not Dumbledore's writing, it must be from your mother' he said again, after picking up the piece of parchment and examining it. 

'Here' he gave it to Fred to open. 

Fred took the letter from Sirius immediately, and opened it wasting no time in reading the letter. 

'Dad is still alive, I'm on my way to St. Mungos now. Stay put, I'll talk to you when I can. Mum'. 

He looked around the room. 

'Still alive?' George asked, 'but that makes it sound as if..'

He didn't need to finish the sentence; everyone knew what he meant. 

Even though Mr Weasley was alive, I t sounded as if he was hovering between life and death, as if he could slip away at any given moment. 

James had sworn that he had never sat through a night longer than this one, and even if he did, he certainly could not remember it. His heart hurt as he looked over to Harry. Of course, he knew that in his time he had no son what so ever, hell he didn't even have a girlfriend. But sitting here, knowing that his future son was going through so much, much more than what a fifteen-year-old should be going through, he wanted to do nothing more than go over and take the boy into his arms and assure him that everything was going to be okay. 

Lily was feeling quite similar to James. She couldn't quite seem to explain how she felt when she looked over to her son. Sure, he was literally the same age as she was now, and sure she had no idea what it felt like to actually have a child. But knowing that he has had to grow up without them and go through life without her and James, made her have a sickening feeling in her stomach. 

She saw how much the boy was in pain, and she wanted to take him into his arms, much like James wanted to, and take away all of his problems. 

The two could tell that they were both feeling the same, they didn't have to discuss it, nor did they have to speak any words of comfort to each other. From his spot on the floor, just below where Lily was sitting, James reached up him hand and took her into his. 

And it was what came next that surprised James the most. 

The girl didn't push his hand away. 

Instead, she took his hand into hers and held it tightly. 

No one talked much after that, not unless it was to check the time of grab another helping of butterbeer. Eventually enough, one by one, they all fell asleep. 

With James' hand wrapped tightly around Lily's.