𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈-𝚃𝚆𝙾

══════════════════

❁ ᴀ ꜰᴀᴍɪʟʏ ʀᴇᴜɴɪᴏɴ(ɪꜱʜ)❁

══════════════════

The room was deathly silent. No one spoke. No one breathed to be honest. It was the epitome of awkwardness.

James took a deep breath, deciding someone should get this over with and break the silence, "How did you-"

"Know?" Ophelia cut him off, "at first it was just a bunch of coincidences. But Christmas was when I started to get suspicious. Your patronus' confirmed it"

"Well then" James awkwardly chuckled, "so, I take it you want to know how we're here"

"Yeah, I think that's a good place to start"

"Lily, take it away" James said, sitting back into his seat.

"What?" Lily said, her mouth wide, "why me?"

"It was your time turner that got us into this mess, therefore you should be the one to tell the story" James said simply.

"If I recall, it was you who broke the time-turner Potter" Lily shot back, "but seeing as you're too cowardly to tell them. To cut a long story short, we, me and Olivia, were running to class when we bumped into these idiots. During the process my time turner smashed, and we somehow ended up here"

"I don't mean to sound rude but, do you have any idea of when you'll be going back?" Ophelia said.

"Not sure" Remus shrugged, "Dumbledore said he was trying to find a way to fix it and send us back to our time but now.." he trailed off.

"So is everything we've been told true?" Sirius asked grimly, "Hermione filled us in on quite a bit but-"

"Wait Hermione knew?" Ophelia cut him off.

"Yeah, she figured it out pretty soon after we arrived"

"Of course, she did" Ophelia snorted, "what did she tell you?"

"That we're your parents" Olivia smiled, "and how we died"

"Then yeah, everything you've been told is true?"

"Who betrayed us?" James blurted out.

Ophelia shared a look with Harry before answering, "I don't think it's wise to tell you"

"But we already know so much" James argued.

Ophelia sighed, "Fine. It was Pettigrew"

"Wormtail?"

"What?"

"Surely not"

"Pete? It can't be, he's out close friend" James muttered.

"It's true" Ophelia nodded, "I know it's a shock but he's the one who betrayed you"

"Harry are you okay love?" Lily asked, noticing that the boy hadn't said a single word

"I'm fine" Harry assured, "It's just, I've wanted nothing more my entire life to know my parents, but now you're here I don't know what to say"

James and Lily both swore their hearts broke at his sentence.

"We're here now" Lily smiled.

"Ask us anything you want son"

"Can we just" Harry started, "can we just talk about something other than how you died?"

"Yeah" Ophelia agreed, "I want to know more about when you were kids. Remus has told me stories before but he's always quite vague on the details"

For the rest of the night the group laughed as they told stories about their times at Hogwarts. It felt normal.

To Harry and Ophelia, this was their dream for their whole lives.

Spending time with their families without death and prison bars getting in the way. They all knew that this wasn't going to last nor was it true that they were parents and children just yet.

But that didn't matter to them.

All harry and Ophelia wanted was to know their parents – or well mother in Ophelia's case.

And all the marauders wanted was to see their children happy.

And so that is what they did.

They stayed in their little bubbles, ignoring the brewing war going on outside the castle walls.

However, not everything can stay so perfect for long.  

❁ 

a little filler chapter :)

this chapter is so short but i wanted a cute little bonding moment between the six. 

only two chapters left!