𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈-𝙾𝙽𝙴

══════════════════

❁ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴇᴄʀᴇᴛ ᴜɴꜰᴏʟᴅꜱ❁

══════════════════

By now the entire school had heard of Dumbledore's disappearance and how he had singlehandedly escaped two aurors, the high inquisitor, the minister of magic and his junior assistant. No one knew exactly how the whole school knew, but – as Ophelia had so kindly reminded her friends – this was Hogwarts and nothing stayed a secret for long.

The morning following Dumbledore's escape, new notices were added to Umbridge's ever growing wall of decrees, stating that the witch had now replaced Dumbledore as headmistress of Hogwarts.

Everywhere and anywhere, Harry went the following morning, he was swarmed with countless questions and requests to have him tell his version of events.

"You know" Sirius started, his mouth full of toast, "when I said 'things can't get worse than this' a few weeks ago, I did not know that this was going to happen"

"I don't think anyone knew this was going to happen" Ophelia replied from her place next to Harry.

The poor boy had his head in his hands and had told his friends to tell anyone who asked that he was asleep as to avoid questions. Ophelia had her elbow resting on his back as she played with the bottom strands of his hair.

"I don't think it can get any worse than this" Harry grumbled.

"I bet she's loving it" Hermione said sourly, glaring at Umbridge who was sitting in Dumbledore's seat in the Great Hall, "sitting there in his seat. Lording it over the other teachers. The stupid puffed-up, power-crazy old-"

"Do you really want to finish hat sentence Granger?" Draco Malfoy said, seemingly appearing out of nowhere and standing behind the group, "Afraid I'm going to have to dock a few points from Gryffindor"

"You can't do that" Ophelia said, turning around to face her cousin, "it's only prefects that can dock house points"

"Yeah, we're prefects too Malfoy" Ron sneered a the blonde.

"I'm well aware of that cousin" Draco smirked, "however members of the inquisitorial squad-"

"What?" Ophelia laughed, "the Inquisitorial squad?"

""A select group of students who are supportive of the Ministry of Magic, handpicked by Professor Umbridge. Anyway, members of the Inquisitorial Squad do have the power to dock points" Draco said, pointing to the tiny, silver badge shinning just under his prefect badge, "so Granger I'll dock five points for insulting our new headmistress ... Potter, I don't like you so another five ... Weasley, your shirt is untucked so that'll be another five ... Black, that'll be ten from you purely because I can't stand the thought we're related-"

"What?" Ophelia gaped at him, "you can't do that"

However, Draco wasn't done, "Oh, I nearly forgot, Granger you're a mudblood so that'll be another fifteen-"

Ron pulled his wand out, however Hermione stopped him.

"Wise move Granger" Draco smirked.

"Shut up Draco" Ophelia scoffed, standing up, "now leave or do I need to remind you exactly who's daughter I am?"

"Pathetic, just like you're father" Draco spat.

"I'll tell him you said that"

Draco tried not to show it but Ophelia saw the wash of panic spread over his face. Of course, Ophelia knew her dad was innocent but he didn't. Besides, she doubted her dad would have any issue in becoming what everyone said he was if anyone hurt her. Family or not.

Without another word, Draco grumbled and walked away. Sirius couldn't help the proud grin that appeared on his face from his daughter's words.

Later that afternoon, the Weasley twins and the marauders pulled quite arguably the best prank they had yet.

They had set off an enormous crate of enchanted fireworks in the corridors.

Ophelia stood with Harry, laughing at the watched a frustrated Umbridge try and control the fireworks zooming around the halls. Dragons consisting of green and gold sparks were roaring down the corridors, emitting loud, firey loud blasts as they did. Pink Catherine wheels were whizzing lethally down the halls. Rockets with vibrant colours of gold, red, green, silver and blue were bouncing off the walls and a large amount of firecrackers were exploding everywhere.

Filch and Umbridge stood gob-smacked at the end of the corridor watching in shock as the scene unfolded.

Harry grabbed Ophelia's hand and pulled her into one of the secret passages where the marauders as well as Fred and George were hiding.

"That was wicked" Ophelia snorted, high-fiving the Weasley twins, "you're sure to do amazing with those"

"Yeah" Harry grinned in agreement, "you'll for sure put Dr. Filibuster out of business with those"

The fireworks continued to cause mayhem all afternoon, however, none of the professors seemed to mind so much.

Once the bell rang the group returned to the Gryffindor common room only to find Fred and George surrounded by a crowd of people congratulating them.

Even Hermione had told them how impressive she found their fireworks.

Now however, Ophelia sat with Harry in the deserted common room, watching out the window as the last of the fireworks started to die down.

His arm was around her shoulders and he played with the ends of her hair as she led her head on his shoulder.

"Harry?" Ophelia said, sitting up to face him, "when are we going to tell them that we know?"

Harry didn't need any clarification, he knew what she was on about.

"Tomorrow" Harry said after a moment of silence, "we'll tell them tomorrow, after my lesson with Snape"

Neither had to say anything else as they slipped back into a comfortable silence.

That next day, Ophelia met Harry outside the room of requirement as they waited for the marauders to arrive.

She had slipped Sirius a note in potions that afternoon asking if they could meet Harry and Ophelia that night.

The two stopped outside the room, waiting for a large oak door to appear.

Inside, the layout resembled that of the Gryffindor common room. Unlike how it had been when they used it for the DA meetings, the room was warm and cozy.

Five large, red armchairs sat opposite a blazing fireplace, a large red couch in the middle of them.

They took a seat on the couch as they waited for their friends to arrive. And soon enough, the oak doors opened once more as the group of five teenagers walked in, making a beeline straight for them.

"Is everything alright?" Sirius asked as he took a seat on one of the armchairs, "you said you needed to tell us something"

Ophelia took a deep breath, "We know"

"We know everything"

The five shared a concerned look, a look that confirmed Harry and Ophelia's suspicions.

"Know what?"

"Enough to know who you are, dad"

❁