Chapter Two: A Crash-?

Charles' PoV:

You feel nothing; You've gone numb - You're empty. You pleaded with God for her to wake up, you've begged Doctors to make her open her eyes and you've asked her, countless times, to please just come back to you.

All to no avail.

---

You watch the sun set, and before you know it rises again. This continues on and on for a couple of days. You're glued to the hospital room, hopelessly waiting.

---

You stand at the window, observing the cars pull into and out of the hospital's parking lot. You close your eyes for a moment, allowing them to rest - They open immediately though, when you hear a rapid change in the heart-monitor beeps.

You spin around; Only to be met with her open eyes. Tears start running down your face, as you rush towards her, pressing a million kisses onto her forehead. You kneel down next to the bed, to be on eye level with her.

Charles whispers: Y/n-

She seems sleepy- Confused is more like it actually- Her head first turns to one side, before turning towards the other. Her eyes scan her surroundings, probably processing where she is.

You stroke your hand over her hair, as you start talking to her.

Charles happily: I've waited for you my Love - I've been here the entire time since the crash - You're okay, the Doctors said you're alright... And uhm, your parents were here a few days ago- Your friends were here too...

You point at the flowers, the cards and the chocolates. Her eyes still reflect utter confusion. She opens her mouth, but no sounds come out.

Charles softly: The Doctor said it might be a little hard to talk for the first few minutes-

She just stares at you, before glancing at the engagement ring on the necklace that you put around your neck for safekeeping.

Charles: I kept it for you-

You patiently wait for a few minutes, until she can finally talk again - Her manner is different though. You understand that she's been asleep for a couple of days now, and that she's still under the influence of some pretty heavy pain meds, but you thought that she'd at least smile at you - Kiss you - Want a hug- Anything really.

y/n quietly: You mentioned a crash-?

You nod.

Charles: We were racing at Spa...

She shakes her head.

y/n confused: That can't be though- They removed Spa from the racing calendar-?

You shake your head - Now you're confused. They removed it two years ago for maintenance...

Charles carefully: No y/n... They removed it two years ago, and then they reinstated it for this year again- Remember?

y/n shrugs: I don't- No-

You pull the leather chair closer and you sit in it - You take her hand into yours, and she stares at her hand; Probably looking at the IV insert they placed on her hand for easier access.

Charles softly: Gulia was here this morning-

y/n confused: Who?

You just stare at her. First Spa, then Gulia? They've been inseparable since you introduced them a year ago. Gulia has become one of her best friends... This is starting to freak you out a little.

Charles chuckles: Gulia Amici...? One of your closest friends?

She slowly pulls her hand away from yours - She crosses her arms, and she becomes more quiet. The confusion in her face persists; Your chest tightens. What is happening right now? After a couple of minutes she asks you about the crash again.

Charles softly: Y/n, I don't know if I should really tell you about it-

y/n: No, please tell me-

Charles nods: Okay, well, uhm... Lance Stroll - You remember him right?

She nods straight away. Why does she know who he is, but not who one of her best friend is...?

y/n chuckles: Of course I know who Lance is- He's a fun guy, I like him...

You just nod, glad that she's smiling.

Charles: Well, so a part of his car fell off somehow - And it came at your Mercedes with high speeds-

y/n interrupts: Mercedes?

You laugh and nod.

Charles smiles: Yeah your Mercedes y/n...

y/n confused: No, no- I'd never drive a Mercedes, you're mixing up your car names here- I'm driving for Red Bull.

What the fuck?